Anybody else looking forward to the ‘Venom’ sequel?

Carnage is one of favorite villains and I think with the right direction this one could be a lot better then the first. Woody can play any character in my opinion.

Venom is forgettable. As in, ive not thought about it since i saw it. Didnt think it had replay value either.

Havent seen it on netflix or hulu, so if i want to see it again id have to stream it. Its not bad, but not memorable.

5.5/10

I liked the first one, and I would place it middle of the pack as far as recent superhero movies. I will definitely see the second one.

I liked the first one, though it needs some work. I would have preferred it was rated R, but with Holland due to make an appearance in the future that's highly unlikely. Another thing is the way Hardy portrays Brock. I like Hardy as an actor, but Brock came off as kind of skittish and weird/off. Just the way he spoke and acted sometimes. Anyway, the next two movies have the potential to be really good. Looking forward to Carnage.

I liked the first one a lot. Def looking forward to the sequel.

Enjoyed the first one, I'm sure I'll like the sequel. I just need more shirtless Tom Hardy in the movie.

The problem was the writing. Same writer for the sequel so I don't have super high expectations. Hopefully serkis can do something with it though.

The first one also seemed like a 90s movie

I didnt like the actor playing the villain either.

Yes, I loved the Venom flick big time, it had a different feel than those marvel flicks. I liked Logan for the same reason.

No. Venom was terrible.
Corny lines and scenes..the whole love triangle/plot was super cringe.
Tom Hardy is PERFECT for the role, but he was given an absolute dog shit script where he just acted like a sketchy meth head the whole movie.
I'd only be interested in a Venom movie in a Spiderman universe.

I enjoyed it. Some writing issues but I liked how Venim looked and enjoyed the personality they gave the Symbiote.

He was sufficiently menacing and nice hoping they do Carnage right. Woody Harrelson can pull of the unhinged maniacally deranged serial killer very well.

Looking forward to the sequel but agree I want Holland's spidey to make an appearance csuse I want Venom to get his classic look.

I didn't like the humor it was corny and out of place. The setting is a dark moody, anti-hero drama, and the banter killed it for me, especially the ending part where he was intimidating the racketeering thug, felt very.... cartoony. The main villein felt too much of the archetype of an evil villain and it was lame

I did like the symbiote actions, movement, and jacked look in the film; Reminds me of Prototype (game)

I mean if the sequel comes and they keep it dark and violent without the corny lines I could see it going okay, but if they continue this route then thats a no for me

No. First one sucked. His character sucked. Wasn't sure if they were trying for serious drama or comedy superhero movie or horror.

Not really. First one was a little boring. Not much happened. But then again I'm not particularly into those kinda flicks.

I didn't like the humor it was corny and out of place. The setting is a dark moody, anti-hero drama, and the banter killed it for me, especially the ending part where he was intimidating the racketeering thug, felt very.... cartoony. The main villein felt too much of the archetype of an evil villain and it was lame

I did like the symbiote actions, movement, and jacked look in the film; Reminds me of Prototype (game)

I mean if the sequel comes and they keep it dark and violent without the corny lines I could see it going okay, but if they continue this route then thats a no for me
The lines fit and worked a hell of a lot better than they do in DC films lol.. And venom in the comics in cartooned and exaggerated. I thought the tone was completely fine, myself. Hardy did the comedy of losing his shit really well, also.

It was a movie I tried to like, but couldn't really. Venom isn't an easy character to translate to film though.

Back