Anybody else looking forward to the ‘Venom’ sequel?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Amerikuracana, Sep 16, 2020 at 7:42 AM.

1. Amerikuracana Plutonium Belt

Critics suck now and are wrong for the wrong reasons more, and more, and more. Venom wasn’t a masterpiece but it wasn’t bad. It was probably less stupid than Endgame, really, but nostalgia and rdj performance might put EG over the top.. idk.

Anyways, I think Venom has a lot of interesting ways to go. I think they did the character fine. The potential for antihero or baddy is set up.

Think of a post credit scene with Tom Holland walking down the street when his spidey sense goes off and he hears a familiar growl, so he turns around and sees a passer by slowly turn around, and it’s hardy/Brock, and he smiles a little and you see sharp ass teeth with some blood on his chin before he turns and keeps walking. Simple, but effective. Even cooler if it’s at the end of the venom movie and Holland star is in the post credit scene as the visitor. Fk the studio bs it’s money so it should happen.

I’m looking forward to hardy as venom again. Also, the Eminem theme from the first movie was a throwback to when movies had good songs from known performers. I hope it makes a cameo in the second movie, because as far as rap goes it’s pretty good.

Lastly, a rated R Carnage v Venom movie could be great. Woody gave the character the proper respect at the end of the first movie and can do crazy.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020 at 7:51 AM
    TidWell and Fugazy like this.
  2. Randlewand Brown Belt

I might be the only person that didn't like the first Venom movie, so no

3. Alphaboy Silver Belt

I am, I'm not one of those comic movie snobs. Endgame was stupid? Wtf?

4. Amerikuracana Plutonium Belt

Yeah it was kind of stupid. Love Dear Mr. Fantasy as a song, performances saved it, but movie itself was kind of stupid. Waste of potential like I’ve maybe never seen.

5. Badger67 Taxidea taxus

Nah, i couldn't get into the first one and Venom is my fave character in the marvel universe.

j123 likes this.
  6. JSN choo-CHOO!

7. loyalyolayal Steel Belt

Yes for Carnage.

DragRacer, DogMan and Ikuza like this.
  8. Todd Gack Dutch

I thought the first one was horrible but I’ll still watch the second one because I like venom.

9. Satsui Ryu Black Belt

Going against the grain here, but I thought Venom is one of the better super hero movies. I'd watch a sequel.

plataoplombo and Amerikuracana like this.
  10. DooHoChoi Blue Belt

Thought the 1st Venom movie was 50/50, alot of scenes were kinda cringy.
    That being said I'd watch the sequel if they made it just to see Woody play Carnage and Tom Hardy makes the movie bereable

Sano, Ikuza and Amerikuracana like this.
  11. Amerikuracana Plutonium Belt

The character itself wasn’t done bad. The first movie wasn’t great, but it wasn’t bad at all.

If they want to flip venom villain they could have him trying to stop carnage and the authorities deciding to waste him along with carnage.. Maybe find out the authorities are working with corporate interests to dissect his ass etc..

maybe a small piece of carnage merges with venom...

12. Amerikuracana Plutonium Belt

Definitely underrated, and I agree with the around 80% audience score.

13. Badger67 Taxidea taxus

The carnage symbiote is supposed to be infused with Kasady's blood, making this no go. The carnage symbiote is also different in personality to Venom's symbiote, ruining each character in the process. This is why spiderman 4 never came out; they tried to alter the characters too much.

14. Amerikuracana Plutonium Belt

Well if carnage is going to die I’m sure they could work it in that a small piece of the symbiotic mix attaches to Brock/venom. Doubt they’ll do it but it’s not grounded in scientific realism, ya know?

15. Badger67 Taxidea taxus

Why kill him off? They do this too often and it ruins potential for sequels. I know there is a plethora of bad guys out there for them to fight but some bad guys shouldn't die so quickly. Carnage is a diabolical serial killer who deserves a few psychotic rounds. The fucking pos can travel through a fax line and kill you. That is terror.

It also serves no purpose in the duality between venom and carnage to have it fused. Makes more sense to follow the ravencroft plot where Kasady spawns it off onto others in a pysch ward after being captured. Carnage is more powerful than Venom, making his 1:1 extremely difficult, this allows for collaboration with other superheroes like spidey, johnny storm, war machine etc who have attributes to help bring him down (fire/sonic sound).

I wasn't a fan of this venom movie because they tried to do "Protector" venom crossed with Flash thompson's Venom. They should have just chosen one direction to go with it.

Edit: I'm a bit of a comic nerd for some characters.

Amerikuracana likes this.
  16. revoltub Gold Card

The problem was the writing. Same writer for the sequel so I don't have super high expectations. Hopefully serkis can do something with it though.

The first one also seemed like a 90s movie

ufcfan4 likes this.
  17. Mesos Purple Belt

I thought it was 7/10 kind of movie, solid but not anything amazing. I would go watch the second one I am sure it would be entertaining like the first

ufcfan4 likes this.
  18. blaseblah Steel Belt

They need to make it R and he needs to be more of a villain.

19. fingercuffs raw sandwich lover Platinum Member

It's Tom Hardy. Why would we not be looking forward to it?

HunterAcosta likes this.
  20. Iroh The Dragon of the West Platinum Member

Yes, I am. I really enjoyed the first one and I wasn't expecting much going into it.