Anybody else happy the UFC matched up Garbrandt and Cruz now in hindsight?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Crushasaurus, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Crushasaurus

Crushasaurus Blue Belt

I am a huge fan of Cruz and disappointed he lost. But c'mon, to the surprise of almost everyone Garbrandt comes out and decisions the decisionator. That's exciting stuff and what this sport is all about.

A lot of people were saying that the Dillashaw rematch shoulda been the title fight but now look at the picture:

1.) There's a great fight to sell for the next BW championship bout
    2.) One of those guys is probably gonna rematch cruz down the line, either in a title fight or for another shot.

I do think of all the champions, Dillashaw had a much better case for a rematch but I also think rematches shouldn't be immediate.

Anyway, good match-making UFC!

sirmorbach likes this.
  2. HHJ

HHJ Jeg reiser til mørkets dyp der alt er dødt.

of course,that was a phemomenal fight

3. Torack

Torack Yellow Belt

I think TJ deserved to be ahead in line vs Dom, but with how much hype Cody had behind him, doesnt hurt to strike while the iron is hot. So not a bad decision at all imo no matter how the fight had gone. And with TJ doing his thing and probably sealing up the next shot anyways, we should get another great fight in Cody vs TJ now. I like it.

Gregoire1 likes this.
  4. Bendo MMA Hero

Bendo MMA Hero Green Belt

Yes. I've been saying it for months, and it happened. Warbrandt is the truth. I doubt Cruz even wants a rematch.