Anybody else guilty of Breaking "Gym Dates"

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I use to love working out with a Partner but seems when I got involved in other commitments I started breaking gym dates. I felt worse about this than standing up some chick I'd had agreed to meet on some dating site.

Then it started happening to me and I was pissed. never knew how much I "fed" off of my lifting partner's energon. Now that I'm older and lift by myself . I have to reeaally get my self psyched up intensity wise. Now mind you I've been in a gym of some sort since 1992. And though I'm a solo lifter now when I work in with someone I feel the same inexplicable energy bump. anybody else experience this?

Nope, I always lift alone. My friends don't even lift, bro. They do "spinning classes" whatever that is.

Nope, I always lift alone. My friends don't even lift, bro. They do "spinning classes" whatever that is.

THANKS FOR THROWING ME A BONE REX. have you ever had a partner? i'll admit that I had better gains and more intensity when I had a lifting bro.

Theres really non point in having a partner in my opinion unless you just need a spot for bench which can easily be rectified by lifting in a power rack.

I lift with my brother which is handy. We've both got the same goals and most of our lifts are the same bar a kg or 2. I guess its good because none of us want to be the one who lifts less than the other.

THANKS FOR THROWING ME A BONE REX. have you ever had a partner? i'll admit that I had better gains and more intensity when I had a lifting bro.

Not really, I wouldn't mind having one if we had similar goals. It would probably help on those days where you're feeling crappy.

Yep. Girlfriend wants me to wait til 8pm when the gym is going to be fucking packed on my DL day. Go fuck yourself.

Theres really non point in having a partner in my opinion unless you just need a spot for bench which can easily be rectified by lifting in a power rack.

I disagree. my personal experience and opinion ids that for some reason you feed off of your lifting bro's energy. you push each other to do one more rep past failure you challenge each other by lifting heavier. when you're by yourself I've found that my intensity level can be there or not be there.

I believe its called "spyynning" where the second "y" is silent, or maybe the first, who really knows. Apparently its all the rage these days.

I was forced to participate in a spin class during the academy. I felt my testosterone levels dropping with every pedal.lol

I have a friend who swears by them, but we have like a 7 month winter and he races road bikes so it's probably about muscle memory or some such shit.

I've been at the same gym for 1.5 years now and we have some decently strong lifters, so I work in from time to time, but I don't do gym dates. I show up when I want, do what I want, and leave when I want. Being tethered to someone else at the gym just wears me out mentally. I prefer to be left alone and just listen to my music.

Back