Anybody else annoyed at fights always being held in Vegas

FutureBwChamp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just watch them on ppv so it doesn't change for me on the screen but I just find it annoying. " There is places around the world that are starving for fights, we don't do enough fights." Going to Vegas, going to Vegas, this ones gonna be in Vegas lets go to the MGM, only on ppv live from Las Vegas. Also I have been to one UFC fight and it was at the MGM and the crowd was lame cause their fucking spoiled. Obviously this crowd will be popping because of the Irish and Brazilians on this one though. Does this bother anyone else that it seems like every 4th card is in Vegas?

They got to do what they got to do for business but damn, don't get people hyped up about shit by running your mouth and bluffing about big time shows that you have no intentions of running. The whole stadium shit that Dana was talking was merely a bluff to get a good deal in Vegas that they wanted. Some weird politics involved in how the UFC does business.

Vegas has historically been the center of fight world....

If you're not going, what do you care?

it's not weird politics, it's politics.

The venue is almost insignificant to me because if I see it live, it's on PPV. They could be across the street from me and I'd want a better seat a la my couch with a beer and some friends with whom I can actually converse.

as a vegas native, no
as a veags native who used to have a zuffa connection and attended every event from 91-132(sans 100, obvious reasons...and 115 because i was lazy)...yes

All the fights should be held here. It's the Fight Capital of the World.

Doesn't bother me whatsoever. I wish they were all there tbh. Vegas is dope.

No, I'm not annoyed at all. Vegas is the fight capital of the world, and it's an awesome place to be during the week of the fight.

yeah buddy, I think it sucks to have the fights here all the time.

<----------

Like the last 5 cards that were held in Brazil, Scotland, Chicago, San Diego and Nashville?

10 of the last 12 cards were held somewhere other than Vegas.

Wow thread brought out the Vegas crowd I had no idea so many people from here actually live there

I just watch them on ppv so it doesn't change for me on the screen but I just find it annoying. " There is places around the world that are starving for fights, we don't do enough fights." Going to Vegas, going to Vegas, this ones gonna be in Vegas lets go to the MGM, only on ppv live from Las Vegas. Also I have been to one UFC fight and it was at the MGM and the crowd was lame cause their fucking spoiled. Obviously this crowd will be popping because of the Irish and Brazilians on this one though. Does this bother anyone else that it seems like every 4th card is in Vegas?

PPVs are often in Vegas but many are not. And pretty much all Fight Nights aren't in Vegas. Calm down.

I always just assumed they had more control over things in Vegas.

They have to have the Big Cards in Vegas. They need to spread out more though.

It doesnt bother me where they are held it's just rougher for me outside the U.S. because i have to spend hours pacing back and forth on who will win between joo doi kin lim or jeet phan kang lee. Not in a racist way i just don't know who the hell half the people on the asian or brazilian cards are.

Back