Any1 feel let down by Doom?

Here and there, there was a few times I forgot about it tho. It only has 5 charges too and ammo for it is pretty rare. But there was a few times when I was out of everything including chainsaw ammo and it was frustrating jumping around looking for ammo when all I wanted to do was shoot demons in the face. Enemies are spongier on harder difficulties too which makes it even worse.
Yeah I played through it on Nightmare and still didn't have many issues. If I ran out of one thing I always had more than enough options after. If it started getting dire then busting out the chainsaw kept me stocked up and in the fight.

Yeah I played through it on Nightmare and still didn't have many issues. If I ran out of one thing I always had more than enough options after. If it started getting dire then busting out the chainsaw kept me stocked up and in the fight.

I would have preferred if I didn't have to think about the ammo situation at all, even the fact I have to use the chainsaw just to get some ammo feels wrong to me in a game like this.

Theres a certain flow and rythym with Doom games that was in the originals and also this one, when everything starts clicking and you almost go on pure instincts, and running out of ammo would break me out of that blissful state. Its not a deal breaker just a nuisance.

Last edited:
The only thing I didn't like is the lack of ammo and the shitty default weapon, like WTF I'm taking on dozens of enemies and trying to do my thing strafing, jumping and shooting and bam, I look at my ammo on all my guns and its empty.

Its stupid that automatic fire weapons most of the time have such limited ammo that you could use it all just to take down one demon because they are pretty spongey. And thats with all ammo upgrades, I don't mind do melee kills for health, that makes sense but having to take out my pea shooter in the middle of a intense firefight just to kill one demon for 5 shotgun pellets, its not resident evil for godsake gimme some damn ammunition.

Like Dizzy said, just use the chainsaw if you have to. On top of insta-killing enemies, it also turns them into ammo pinatas.

I never once had a problem with ammo though, even playing through the game on Ultra Violence (still haven't attempted a complete Nightmare run).

Last edited:
I played this demo and couldn't stand it. I have never played any of the older versions so I have nothing to compare it to, but if this is the standard I am glad I skipped out on all the previous incarnations of the game.

What exactly didn't you like about it? You're one of the only people I've seen who's said anything to that effect.

That reminds me I should go back and finish doom.

Im with stupid. I never ran out of ammo.

Ive played it 2x, inky to get the runes and the classic levels. Wish i had more to play, honestly. :(

I played Doom 3 more but only vuz its older. This new one will supercede those numbers but never as much as Doom 2.

Loved the single player, and in fact it exceeded my expectations.

The multiplayer is rather disappointing. I've tried to like it, but they shouldn't have thrown the CoD elements into it. I'm an old-skool FPS player, I bought Doom for a reason; bugger off with that nonsense.

That said, I still hop on the multiplayer from time-to-time.

Like Dizzy said, just use the chainsaw if you have to. On top of insta-killing enemies, it also turns them into ammo pinatas.

I never once had a problem with ammo though, even playing through the game on Ultra Violence (still haven't attempted a complete Nightmare run).

Seems like I'm one the only one having this issue, playing Ultra Violence right now on second playthrough its a bit less of an issue since I know what to expect. NGL I might use ammo cheats for my Nightmare playthrough since I know its going to be crazy hard.

Edit: I think I figured out the problem, watching some gameplay vids and noticed I missed picking up one of the weapons.

Last edited:
Seems like I'm one the only one having this issue, playing Ultra Violence right now on second playthrough its a bit less of an issue since I know what to expect. NGL I might use ammo cheats for my Nightmare playthrough since I know its going to be crazy hard.

Edit: I think I figured out the problem, watching some gameplay vids and noticed I missed picking up one of the weapons.
I was having ammo issues too
There was a few times when I was down to one weapon because everything else was empty

I ran into sparse ammo problems as well and i searched everywhere haha

the enemies just take too many hits with the little reward you get from it. i agree with the way "doom" feels, and to worry about ammo or break out the chainsaw because i NEED ammo just didn't sit well with me. i would rather just play brutal doom.

I played it from the hardest difficulty available at the start (Ultra-Violence I think) and I didn't have ammo problems, or at least not anything note worthy.

Well I caved and got it since you all are raving so much about it. I'm about the 5th mission in. It's ok. I guess if all you want is run and gun then it's cool. Still doesn't come close to being my GOTY but I'll see how many achievements I get.

Game got repetitive as shit and the ending sucked. Only 3 boss fights and a 6 hour campaign with shitty pvp to further take away from replayability. Game of the year for nostalgic people probably. I regret shelling out 60 bucks for it.

call me when they drop a single player DLC and stop forcing multiplayer down our throat

I had a great time with it, though I didn't feel immediately compelled to go back on a harder difficulty just yet. Not sure it's going to have thhe same replay for me, but it was a good time while it lasted.

New Doom is fun, something modern game developers don't concern themselves with.

Back