Any1 feel let down by Doom?

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I expected more of horrorish Dead Space atmosphere rather than Serious Sam.

I had a chance to play it at friend place. Stopped after 20 minutes.

But anyway guys, If you think Dead Space was scary then give a try to Alien Isolation.

Hands fucking down to Sega for that game.

So you wanted Doom 3 instead of Doom 1&2?

I thought it was awesome. I was very skeptical about it and didn't expect much, but it's definitely something I'll replay a few times

I loved it. If you went in expecting horror I can see how it would be a let down though.

Nah, Doom was fantastic...the multiplayer was pretty lousy though.

it was bad ass, i just wish theyd drop a single player DLC instead of multiplayer

I'm glad it was more like Doom than Doom 3. The superior Doom. Hope it doesn't take forever for the next one.

But anyway guys, If you think Dead Space was scary then give a try to Alien Isolation.

No, it was amazing and my GOTY.

I don't know why you would expect that in this age of reviews, youtube, and all of us old guys raving about a game finally returning to it's roots and improving upon that instead of alienating it's hardcore fans.

No, it was much better than i expected, probably my favourite single player fps since Bioshock.

There's a game coming out called Agony that has a takes place in hell and is survival horror, no guns though. May be something you'd like.

I like that the new Doom and Wolfenstein games were throwbacks to the originals, modern fps' seemed to have forgotten their roots. Toxic is another one (a Quake type arena shooter), and then there's Overload that is a throwback to Descent and Forsaken. Too bad there's no throwbacks to the Turok games (the Metroid Prime series is the closest thing, and that one hasn't had a new entry in a long time) or Goldeneye , Perfect Dark, and Timesplitters.

unfortunately i played brutal doom before doom 4 and really, that's all d4 is, but weaker. the need to use melee attacks to get ammo made the last part of the game frustrating to play, and really just un-enjoyable. i thoroughly enjoyed it for what it was though, and had i not played brutal doom i think i might've had a different opinion.

The only thing I didn't like is the lack of ammo and the shitty default weapon, like WTF I'm taking on dozens of enemies and trying to do my thing strafing, jumping and shooting and bam, I look at my ammo on all my guns and its empty.

Its stupid that automatic fire weapons most of the time have such limited ammo that you could use it all just to take down one demon because they are pretty spongey. And thats with all ammo upgrades, I don't mind do melee kills for health, that makes sense but having to take out my pea shooter in the middle of a intense firefight just to kill one demon for 5 shotgun pellets, its not resident evil for godsake gimme some damn ammunition.

The only thing I didn't like is the lack of ammo and the shitty default weapon, like WTF I'm taking on dozens of enemies and trying to do my thing strafing, jumping and shooting and bam, I look at my ammo on all my guns and its empty.

Its stupid that automatic fire weapons most of the time have such limited ammo that you could use it all just to take down one demon because they are pretty spongey. And thats with all ammo upgrades, I don't mind do melee kills for health, that makes sense but having to take out my pea shooter in the middle of a intense firefight just to kill one demon for 5 shotgun pellets, its not resident evil for godsake gimme some damn ammunition.
I don't think I ever had to do this tbh. If so it was pretty rare.

Were you using your chainsaw?

There's a game coming out called Agony that has a takes place in hell and is survival horror, no guns though. May be something you'd like.

I like that the new Doom and Wolfenstein games were throwbacks to the originals, modern fps' seemed to have forgotten their roots. Toxic is another one (a Quake type arena shooter), and then there's Overload that is a throwback to Descent and Forsaken. Too bad there's no throwbacks to the Turok games (the Metroid Prime series is the closest thing, and that one hasn't had a new entry in a long time) or Goldeneye , Perfect Dark, and Timesplitters.

I just wanted to thank you for this post.

Looking forward to seeing more about Agony, and I am REALLY pumped on a Descent type game coming out!!!

https://www.trueachievements.com/n23096/overload-hits-xbox-one-crowdfunding-goal

I played this demo and couldn't stand it. I have never played any of the older versions so I have nothing to compare it to, but if this is the standard I am glad I skipped out on all the previous incarnations of the game.

I played this demo and couldn't stand it. I have never played any of the older versions so I have nothing to compare it to, but if this is the standard I am glad I skipped out on all the previous incarnations of the game.
I don't think I can trust anyone who has never played a Doom game.

I don't think I ever had to do this tbh. If so it was pretty rare.

Were you using your chainsaw?

Here and there, there was a few times I forgot about it tho. It only has 5 charges too and ammo for it is pretty rare. But there was a few times when I was out of everything including chainsaw ammo and it was frustrating jumping around looking for ammo when all I wanted to do was shoot demons in the face. Enemies are spongier on harder difficulties too which makes it even worse.

You are doing so.e weird shit if you have that much trouble with ammo in a game with so many ways to kill thing, ammo laying everywhere, and ways to gain more.

Back