Any word on Uriah halls new opponent?

kalabula

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Seems like it's getting close to fight night and haven't heard anything.

Maybe Cerrone can fight him after bendo.

lol at the Cerrone comment. For a minute there I was seriously thinking the UFC was going to throw Cerrone in there against Matt Brown at welter in a month.

Guys, I know nothing about marketing and business clearly but if I'm booking logical fights, I pull Diaz from the Silva fight and put him against Matt Brown in a guaranteed main event war and I put Urijah Hall in there against Anderson to see if Anderson still has what it takes to beat a dangerous younger dude in his division and see if Hall can make the next step to the upper echelon of the division.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Louis-Taylor-25948

20091114093348_louistaylor.JPG

I like this fight better. Uriah Hall definitely could use another tune-up with a prospect. He is someone who could be great if he's given time and not thrown to the wolves. Costas would have been tricky enough to create problems for him.

lol at the Cerrone comment. For a minute there I was seriously thinking the UFC was going to throw Cerrone in there against Matt Brown at welter in a month.

Guys, I know nothing about marketing and business clearly but if I'm booking logical fights, I pull Diaz from the Silva fight and put him against Matt Brown in a guaranteed main event war and I put Urijah Hall in there against Anderson to see if Anderson still has what it takes to beat a dangerous younger dude in his division and see if Hall can make the next step to the upper echelon of the division.

Glad your not in charge

I really wish that they had just moved Cathal Pendred up on the card to fight Uriah, we would have gotten to see a brutal knockout...

Hopefully this Taylor guy tries to stand and bang with Hall

Louis Taylor. Submitted that dude Brian Houston who got wrecked by Brunson recently.

Glad your not in charge

lol like I said marketing/hype isn't my thing but

Nick vs. Anderson is a nonsense fight from a divisional standpoint. Nick is not a middleweight. Never was and never has been. Anderson is a legendary, GOAT middleweight. If I had Cowboy Cerrone, a very game lightweight with a chin and great grappling and striking face GSP, I think I'd be pretty confident in picking GSP.

The thing people use to make the fight seem more enthralling is the fact that Anderson could be old and done post-Weidman but if he's old and done than does Nick beating him really mean much? Where would Nick go from there? Fight Weidman?

I'm not trying to take anything away from Diaz. The dude is a beast. But we know that Nick is all aggression and forward pressure and we know that Silva is an assassin who generally feeds off aggression and forward motion. Nick is game as hell and durable as hell but Silva has cracked durable guys who are physically a lot bigger than Diaz.

While Nick could box up Silva if Silva has lost two steps and is tentative, I feel the fight is counterproductive because a.) if Nick is destroyed than saying ANDERSON SILVA IS BACK! as Mike Goldberg would would not really be a sure thing since beating Nick, though impressive, doesn't really tell us anything about what caliber of middleweight fighter Anderson could hang with. And Nick, in turn, if he beats Anderson, would have a huge feather in his cap but Silva would basically be done having lost to someone who is not in his class and has the tailor-made style to play into his game.

Well that would be surely fun to watch..

Inb4 sherdoggers come here and claim that Hall has no right to stand in one ring with AS.

Louis Taylor. Decent enough, not a bad late replacement but highly beatable...I see him as a poor version of John Howard, so Uriah should spank that ass and improve his record, which is much needed if he wants to really make a run in the UFC.

He's super talented but those two losses really made his record look far worse than it should be. He should smoke Taylor.

Back