Any word on Uriah halls new opponent?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by kalabula, Jan 5, 2015.

1. kalabula

kalabula Brown Belt

Seems like it's getting close to fight night and haven't heard anything.

Maybe Cerrone can fight him after bendo.

2. ufcfan4

ufcfan4 Can't Andle The Riddum

lol at the Cerrone comment. For a minute there I was seriously thinking the UFC was going to throw Cerrone in there against Matt Brown at welter in a month.

Guys, I know nothing about marketing and business clearly but if I'm booking logical fights, I pull Diaz from the Silva fight and put him against Matt Brown in a guaranteed main event war and I put Urijah Hall in there against Anderson to see if Anderson still has what it takes to beat a dangerous younger dude in his division and see if Hall can make the next step to the upper echelon of the division.

3. Hespect Housey**

Hespect Housey** Green Belt

Ariel Helwani's shoe box on weekdays; Fallon Fox's
  4. estranged

estranged Brown Belt

5. Rational Poster

Rational Poster War Room Messiah Platinum Member

Rich Franklin

6. YES Cartwheel

YES Cartwheel Green Belt

In the space between Harold Howard's teeth.
    I like this fight better. Uriah Hall definitely could use another tune-up with a prospect. He is someone who could be great if he's given time and not thrown to the wolves. Costas would have been tricky enough to create problems for him.

7. r-harper-1

r-harper-1 Red Belt

Glad your not in charge

8. EliteHandSpeed

EliteHandSpeed Purple Belt

I really wish that they had just moved Cathal Pendred up on the card to fight Uriah, we would have gotten to see a brutal knockout...

Hopefully this Taylor guy tries to stand and bang with Hall

9. PanikAnikPanik

PanikAnikPanik Purple Belt

Chris Leben rematch

10. Handawg

Handawg Brown Belt

Louis Taylor. Submitted that dude Brian Houston who got wrecked by Brunson recently.

11. ufcfan4

ufcfan4 Can't Andle The Riddum

lol like I said marketing/hype isn't my thing but

Nick vs. Anderson is a nonsense fight from a divisional standpoint. Nick is not a middleweight. Never was and never has been. Anderson is a legendary, GOAT middleweight. If I had Cowboy Cerrone, a very game lightweight with a chin and great grappling and striking face GSP, I think I'd be pretty confident in picking GSP.

The thing people use to make the fight seem more enthralling is the fact that Anderson could be old and done post-Weidman but if he's old and done than does Nick beating him really mean much? Where would Nick go from there? Fight Weidman?

I'm not trying to take anything away from Diaz. The dude is a beast. But we know that Nick is all aggression and forward pressure and we know that Silva is an assassin who generally feeds off aggression and forward motion. Nick is game as hell and durable as hell but Silva has cracked durable guys who are physically a lot bigger than Diaz.

While Nick could box up Silva if Silva has lost two steps and is tentative, I feel the fight is counterproductive because a.) if Nick is destroyed than saying ANDERSON SILVA IS BACK! as Mike Goldberg would would not really be a sure thing since beating Nick, though impressive, doesn't really tell us anything about what caliber of middleweight fighter Anderson could hang with. And Nick, in turn, if he beats Anderson, would have a huge feather in his cap but Silva would basically be done having lost to someone who is not in his class and has the tailor-made style to play into his game.

12. xupacabra

xupacabra Brown Belt

Well that would be surely fun to watch..

Inb4 sherdoggers come here and claim that Hall has no right to stand in one ring with AS.

13. The_Renaissance

The_Renaissance On, ahem, fleek

Louis Taylor. Decent enough, not a bad late replacement but highly beatable...I see him as a poor version of John Howard, so Uriah should spank that ass and improve his record, which is much needed if he wants to really make a run in the UFC.

He's super talented but those two losses really made his record look far worse than it should be. He should smoke Taylor.