Any word on Roy Nelson's current weight yet?

When I talked to Roy, I think he said he was 238, but I'm just not certain. He looked like the same Roy to me.

He did tell me however that he cannot make 205. That if he cut all the fat off of his body he would be over 225 pounds And that is just too much water to cut. I don't think he has any intention of going to light heavyweight anytime soon

Nelson is only 5-10 - to 6 foot tall. He's carrying around easily 30-40 pounds of fat on his frame. If he would get in shape he'd be walking around in the low 200's. Probably wouldn't even have to cut weight to make 205 if he wasn't severely obese. Making 185 would be easy for him without carrying 45% body fat.

Roy would disagree with you

When I talked to Roy, I think he said he was 238, but I'm just not certain. He looked like the same Roy to me.

He did tell me however that he cannot make 205. That if he cut all the fat off of his body he would be over 225 pounds And that is just too much water to cut. I don't think he has any intention of going to light heavyweight anytime soon

He is full of shit, he is just saying that so that people don't think he's lazy or undisciplined for not making 205. It's very obvious looking at Roy that he does not have enough muscle mass under the fat to be a lean 225 on a 6'0 frame. Roy clearly has at least 30% body fat when he fights at 260, and that's being very conservative, so if you do the math to figure out what he would weigh at 10% body fat it comes out to 208.

He is full of shit, he is just saying that so that people don't think he's lazy or undisciplined for not making 205. It's very obvious looking at Roy that he does not have enough muscle mass under the fat to be a lean 225 on a 6'0 frame. Roy clearly has at least 30% body fat when he fights at 260, and that's being very conservative, so if you do the math to figure out what he would weigh at 10% body fat it comes out to 208.

I'm always intrigued when sherdoggers throw numbers and weights around....can you do the math here?

Would be seriously surprised if he's under 250 tbh.

Nelson is only 5-10 - to 6 foot tall. He's carrying around easily 30-40 pounds of fat on his frame. If he would get in shape he'd be walking around in the low 200's. Probably wouldn't even have to cut weight to make 205 if he wasn't severely obese. Making 185 would be easy for him without carrying 45% body fat.

45%? So what your saying is Roy would weigh 160ish without the excess fat....

For some reason I doubt Roy would be a ripped 225 lbs.

Back