Any word on Andre Ward?

Carl Froch spouting off :)

"The reason that Andre Ward is never chucked in the mix is because the American TV broadcasters aren't really excited about him. He's going through a big promotional dispute at the minute. He's a very, very good fighter and he beat me fair and square, he outpointed me. But he's messy, he's up close, he's awkward. He really is a bit of a spoiler. He's not somebody I'd be excited about getting in the ring with," Froch told Sky Sports News.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=78612

AKA he will beat me again.

Fairly certain he is busy trying to grab Benson's ass still.

I really wish we could have gotten the Shields sparring together with that homosexual. Would have made for epic video material to see him get mauled.

I'm sure he's achieved fluffer status.

That would hav been hilarious. "ill spar him but no taking me to the ground". Curtis would have been hilarious as well. I think pulling up to Starrett City would have ended that one.

AKA he will beat me again.
Froch has admitted that Ward is a better boxer than he is.

But, right now, Froch vs any name is a superfight. Too bad Ward is playing celebrity.

I'm sure he's achieved fluffer status.

That would hav been hilarious. "ill spar him but no taking me to the ground". Curtis would have been hilarious as well. I think pulling up to Starrett City would have ended that one.

Little fella had a melt down. Hasnt really posted since then.

But, right now, Froch vs any name is a superfight. Too bad Ward is playing celebrity.

Froch vs Chavez ring action > Ward vs anyone.

Little fella had a melt down. Hasnt really posted since then.

Not his finest hour and I haven't seen him at all since then. Unless he's pulling a Nova and posting in the dump (which would be even more hilarious).

or maybe ward can make a tiny effort and get out of his confort zone for once?

Especially when he's calling out middleweights while saying he's not going up to fight guys calling him out.

Why is it you have an issue with Ward not taking a fight but not Froch?

Why is it you have an issue with Ward not taking a fight but not Froch?
Its not really that I'm "OK" with it.
Froch has options.

Ward doesn't.

ward needs froch more than froch needs ward.

Its not really that I'm "OK" with it.
Froch has options.

Ward doesn't.

ward needs froch more than froch needs ward.

I see, I agree with that.

Do you think Froch/Ward makes the most sense?

I see, I agree with that.

Do you think Froch/Ward makes the most sense?

It depends on who you ask.

I don't really think the first fight was so close that I need to see it again.

But Froch is riding high and is the biggest name around the weight right now.It'd be a good fight for Ward.

For Froch, the fight makes no sense. He's looking for payday.

Ward needs to swallow his pride and fight someone to get people interested. The only time I remember people really being excited about Ward was after he beat Dawson and what did he do? Took 14 months off.

The buying public doesn't want Froch vs Ward 2.

Froch vs Chavez though would sell here and in the UK. England's biggest star vs a very popular mexican fighter who has a legendary name and good not great skills.

It depends on who you ask.

I don't really think the first fight was so close that I need to see it again.

But Froch is riding high and is the biggest name around the weight right now.It'd be a good fight for Ward.

For Froch, the fight makes no sense. He's looking for payday.

Ward needs to swallow his pride and fight someone to get people interested. The only time I remember people really being excited about Ward was after he beat Dawson and what did he do? Took 14 months off.

But.... whooooo???????

This is nothing new with Ward. He could have fought Bute when people still thought he might be the best at 168. He didn't. Froch took the fight, beat him up, and grew his profile.

He won't fight at 175, where HBO would love to match him with Kovalev. He won't fight guys at 168 besides Froch (said no to Degale, Bika, Dirrell). He calls out middleweights. He's brought everything upon himself.

"Ready for anyone from 158-175."

"Lets do it."

"We're not ready for Ward."

Just to turn the tables for a second:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/chris_mannix/04/10/ward-bute-froch/

Ward:

"People ask me on the street or on Twitter when I'm coming back," Ward said. "Well, I'm coming. I want Bute but I'm ready for any big fight at 168 or 175 pounds."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mm...dan-goossen-antonio-leonard-promoter-dispute/

Ward:

"I'm not a light heavyweight," Ward said. "That's just what it is. I know there has been a lot of noise about Kovalev, but that's one fight."

that's a strange 180.

didn't he also say that he would like to end his career at heavyweight or something ?

Oh Im well aware, theres been a lot of nonsense fuckery out of them. He also discredited JCC last year now wants the fight.

You should post the rest of that second comment though. Doesnt see Kov as a payday. (Im not saying thats the real reasoning or not, simply that it shouldnt be excluded.)

Back