Any Way To Lose A Cough/Cold Before A Big Boxing Match

FightOrDie007

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After training hard, running every day for a long time and feeling fit I have gotten a a bad energy depleting cough now two days before my fight. If my fight was today I would of really struggled and I want to know what I can do to cure this or ease this in time for the fight.

you need rest.
same as in basketball during my varsity days at college,.

you train hard, a lot exercises, but coach will ask you to rest 1 or 2 days before the game.

cos if not, you'll get drained and might be too tired for the game.

worse come to worse,......cancell the fight. you cant go in the ring with fever and flu,. u'll end up with no strength,.

try http://www.emergenc.com/

i got sick on the night before traveling. i bought a pack and took it nonstop. i was better after 2days.

my gf also took it at the same time and she did not catch my cold.

Anything you buy is a sham. One of those companies like EmergenC that claims to cure colds actually got sued and had to give every one who bought it a refund if they wanted it. I think it was Airborne.

Bacteria lives in the throat. So, here's some quick tips to do immediately and you should see serious improvements.

1. Rest!!! (your body heals when resting which includes sleep dude)

2. drink LOTS of fluids. (water, soup and vegetable juices)

3. lime, lemon & honey shots. Table spoon of both then 1 tea spoon of honey.

4. Sauna (sweat that shit out) The skin is the largest organ in the body so its a great way to detox.

5. Vapor Therapy (my personal favorite for colds, flu's even bacterial infections like strep.

WARNING: you will have to spend some money!! :)

- Bring a pot of water to a boil
- put 10 drops of the following;

* eucalyptus oil
* peppermint oil
* cinnamon oil
* thyme oil

Put a towel over your head and take deep, slow breaths in and out. Do this 3-5 times daily.

6. Green tea with honey.

7. Meditate (close your eyes, and silence your mind)

Good luck bro. both in your recovery and in your bout!

Anything you buy is a sham. One of those companies like EmergenC that claims to cure colds actually got sued and had to give every one who bought it a refund if they wanted it. I think it was Airborne.

it was Airborne. they got sued for false claims on "clinical trial studies"

emergen-c simply loads you up with vitamin c and d in some...which has been proven to shorten the length of a cold. it doesn't prevent it.

1. If you have a sore throat, one 50 mg. pure zinc tablet (crushed up [with a spoon] and stirred in a couple ounces of water) drunk quickly (tastes like chalk, so shoot it) stops the soreness (prettymuch permanently) wherever it touches, it's a powerful anti-fungal/anti-bacterial metal (zinc is). Zinc is also very healthy for colds (or any regular day), so why not? It's amazing how well it works and it has worked on myself everytime and everyone who has tried it (I told them to).

THAI RED CURRY, MEDIUM HOT (or hotter, but not milder) will fix any cold or sickness short of flu (it cuts flu-time down to less than half). And it tastes great, and you were gonna eat something for lunch/dinner anyway, so why not? Go to any thai restaurant and order the red curry medium hot. The sooner you eat it the better. It's worked everytime for me, no matter what sickness I had. And if it was anything less than an extreme case, it was fixed before I was done eating (didn't notice it was gone until a week later when I thought back, <---this happened several times). It's not that hot, really. It costs anywhere from $7.50 to $11, just get it to go.

^^This has also worked for everyone I've recommended it to

Yeah, I'll second the Thai curry. No one told me this, I sort of made it up, but when I have a bacterial cold or infection I get some blazing hot chilli or curry and kill it all off. I think it works.

Rest is the bigger thing to though.

The day before the fight, if you feel better, go for a walk.

Pseudo ephedrine does a lot of god if you are fighting with a cold, but is a banned substance in some places.

Grab Sudafed nasal spray, but don't skimp on rest.

There was an article in New Scientist that found the only medicine that is proven scientifically to prevent colds getting worse or ending them sooner was zinc. Everything else deals with the symptoms (useful nonetheless).

I think it was 60mg a day. That's what I use.

Think positive social thoughts (boosts immune system) and rest. Be honest with yourself, if your damaged goods on fight day your more likely to get hurt, you can always fight again.

If you still have it fight day but want to do it anyway, a bowl of steaming salt water with a towel over yourhead the day before then that morning will help bring up any phlegm or congestion in your lungs

There is an awful lot of pseudo science and old wives tales in this thread.

Agreed.

If I had a cold the last thing I'd want to do is fight. I'd just pull out if it was a regular ass amateur boxing match.
Unless it was some amateur championship and I had just had two fights the previous two days to advance or something crazy like that, I would just pull out of the fight. Amateur fights are cancelled so much so regularly that it does not impede your chances of fighting the same person in the future.

You are completely wrong if you're talking about the thai curry. Or the zinc. I'll just explain the curry because it doesn't come up as easily on a google search.

My college A&P professor (Anatomy and Physiology) told us about that one. The body's immune system starts to turn on full blast after 2-3 days of fighting a cold or virus, which is kinda too late because it should have started when it was first attacked, not wait till it was overrun, but oh well-- that's how the body works. This is why it takes 4-5 days to get well. If the immune system brought on the heavy artillery immediately, it would destroy most common colds and flus immediately.

Anyways, athletes rarely get sick because their bodies immune systems are turned on full nearly all the time. The reason for this is there are things which can trip/trick your body into turning the immune system defense on when it isn't being attacked by a wave of viruses or bacteria. One of the main things is higher temperature. That's why people get fevers when they get the flu, it raises your temperature to help fight off sickness. But it works in reverse as well-- high body temperature turns on the immune system. And athletes are always working out and exercising, which raises their body temp. significantly.

The other thing that triggers the immune system is spicyhot foods. It (tricks) turns on your body's defenses fully for a couple days or so, just as if you were exercising or in hot weather. Spicy foods like chilis have other vitamins like C and healthy nutrients in them as well, so that can't hurt. Not that we understand everything about nutrition or physiology, but that much we DO understand, and physiology is very much a legit branch of science.

I was just sick a few days ago, and I tried all that shit because I've heard of most of them. But what really worked for me was

Pseudoephedrine based medicine. Over here it's restricted and not banned, you can still get it from a pharmacist with no prescription if you simply signed some stuff and give them your address. And the only reason it's banned/restricted is because people learned how to make certain hard drugs from it, so they've been sending kids to buy it in bulk.

Anyway you only take one pill per 24 hours, and after I took one, within two hours I felt much better and less sickly.

^^ newsflash: stimulants make you feel good. Bit of cocaine/speed will also sort you right out. :)

Next week: alcohol, it gets ya drunk.

....only medicine that is proven scientifically to prevent colds getting worse or ending them sooner was zinc. Everything else deals with the symptoms (useful nonetheless).

I think it was 60mg a day. That's what I use.

Just looked on the side of my multivitamins, it said that 100% of the recommended daily value of zinc is just 15mg.

Back