Any VR guys in here?

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
Some of the titles these days are pretty amazing and i have a rift with a pretty meaty PC and the more i play, the more i get impressed.

My favourites so far:

Robo Recall
Project Cars
The Climb
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
Brass Tactics: Arena

On my wish list:

Beat Saber
Superhot VR

Games i own that i havent played yet(but my kids have):

Thumper
The Invisible Hours
Batman VR

Anyone remotely interested in VR or an active player?

I own a bunch of other games i havent mentioned

Thrill of the fight is probably the best currently existing boxing game.

Gorn is great.

Thrill of the fight is probably the best currently existing boxing game.

Gorn is great.

Yeah, i have Thrill of the fight, i just wish it had a bit more to it, but for the price....you cant complain

Never heard of Gorn...gonna look it up now

Maybe it is my age group or something but VR is just a bridge of nerdyness I'm not prepared to cross.

I got on board early with the developer version of the Oculus Rift I think it was early 2015, best thing I played was Minecraft VR (someone modded Minecraft to support it).

But there wasn't enough content for it to be worthwhile so I sold it and I'm still waiting on decent games before I get back on board, still feels like tech demo's to me.

I made some visualisation demos for work in VR.

I'm not super impressed by the power of the products out there atm, but I think once there are commercially available systems that can run current gen games in 360 it will be really cool.

I'm interested in seeing what happens with regard to input/sensing as well, like will we get used to the headsets to a point where they can be used for longer periods of time or do we need to modify the way we interact with VR environments?

After 3 days of writing apps and having the headset on for 4+ hours a day, I didn't feel right for a week.

I tried the Samsung gear VR last year and everything looked blurry to me. I just don't think my eyes adjust well with a screen so close to them. I can't even wear sunglasses for too long because my eyes start bugging out.

I tried the Samsung gear VR last year and everything looked blurry to me. I just don't think my eyes adjust well with a screen so close to them. I can't even wear sunglasses for too long because my eyes start bugging out.
I wonder how big an issue people's eyesight will be for mainstream use. Personally, 3D has never looked right, and I've consequently never bothered going out of my way to see movies or play games in 3D.

I feel like there are far more people who are near-sighted walking around than when I was a kid, but most of them don't seem to have the same issues with headsets or special glasses that I do.

How long have you had it, TS?
I was an early adopter of the Rift and Vive, but both failed to have any longevity. Ended up selling my sets and getting a Razer laptop instead.
Some games are entertaining but do not provide enough meat for any serious gaming.
I had Robo Recall, Arizona Sunshine, Super Hot, and a few others. Robo Recall was fun, but wearing the headset got old and tiresome.
The resolution is also painful for the eyes. VR is still sometime away from being legit, IMO.

Anyone remotely interested in VR or an active player?

I own a bunch of other games i havent mentioned

Haven't seen enough games that look like they're worth throwing down the cash to play, and it looks like its going to be a while.

So far Resident Evil 7 is the only one that looks interesting.

But I still have concerns about headaches, due to having to strap it to my head, and eyesight degridation.

Maybe it is my age group or something but VR is just a bridge of nerdyness I'm not prepared to cross.

If you like video games, and play VR in a proper set up, you'll change your tune. It's absolutely incredible for certain genres.
Haven't seen enough games that look like they're worth throwing down the cash to play, and it looks like its going to be a while.

So far Resident Evil 7 is the only one that looks interesting.

But I still have concerns about headaches, due to having to strap it to my head, and eyesight degridation.

Some games are entertaining but do not provide enough meat for any serious gaming.
I had Robo Recall, Arizona Sunshine, Super Hot, and a few others. Robo Recall was fun, but wearing the headset got old and tiresome.
The resolution is also painful for the eyes. VR is still sometime away from being legit, IMO.
Content has been a big issue, that's why I held out so long before even trying it because I knew I'd want it. Thankfully there are some meatier experiences out there, like Skyrim, Fallout and Serious Sam VR. I played Fallout 4 and Skyrim extensively prior of course, but in VR it's a whole new ballgame. With mods/supersampling, you can really bump up the graphics. Playing Skyrim as a mage/bowcaster is amazing fun.

Over the weekend Oculus had project Cars as a free trial, that along with Elite Horizons is great fun to play. You really are in the drivers/pilot seat. I also love playing a game called Space Pirate Trainer, it's basically VR galaga. Just make sure your set up is good enough to enable supersampling to increase the resolution.

What I use it most for are Box VR (great workout that let's you use custom songs) and Bigscreen, where you can use your desktop in your headset. You can sit a giant virtual theater and watch Netflix or the like, I love it to death!

I did months of research before finally jumping in, so if you ever think about buying, I'd be happy to pass along what I've learned. I went with Oculus because their customer service is excellent, not to mention they have better tools for lesser hardware to run smoothly. Their controls are best atm too.

How long have you had it, TS?
I was an early adopter of the Rift and Vive, but both failed to have any longevity. Ended up selling my sets and getting a Razer laptop instead.

I think the mistake some people make is that it is going to replace non VR gaming, it isn't.

I am a big fan of driving games, and as someone above mentioned, Project Cars had a free demo thie past weekend and it blew anything i have played out the water, but i couldnt sit on it for hours at a time as VR can cause some nausea(it didnt affect me or my kids who played for more than 2 hours).

VR just gives you a different type of immersion, it isnt for everyone and it may make some people sick(i havent seen anyone yet say Minecraft VR doesnt make them sick who have played it).

VR isnt trying to replace existing games, its trying to expand the experience, and it is doing it very well so far.

FINALLY somebody interested in a VR circle jerk.

oops. should have reads the post first

If you like video games, and play VR in a proper set up, you'll change your tune. It's absolutely incredible for certain genres.

Content has been a big issue, that's why I held out so long before even trying it because I knew I'd want it. Thankfully there are some meatier experiences out there, like Skyrim, Fallout and Serious Sam VR. I played Fallout 4 and Skyrim extensively prior of course, but in VR it's a whole new ballgame. With mods/supersampling, you can really bump up the graphics. Playing Skyrim as a mage/bowcaster is amazing fun.

Over the weekend Oculus had project Cars as a free trial, that along with Elite Horizons is great fun to play. You really are in the drivers/pilot seat. I also love playing a game called Space Pirate Trainer, it's basically VR galaga. Just make sure your set up is good enough to enable supersampling to increase the resolution.

What I use it most for are Box VR (great workout that let's you use custom songs) and Bigscreen, where you can use your desktop in your headset. You can sit a giant virtual theater and watch Netflix or the like, I love it to death!

I did months of research before finally jumping in, so if you ever think about buying, I'd be happy to pass along what I've learned. I went with Oculus because their customer service is excellent, not to mention they have better tools for lesser hardware to run smoothly. Their controls are best atm too.
If KOTOR VR ever gets released I might have to quit working

I think the mistake some people make is that it is going to replace non VR gaming, it isn't.

I am a big fan of driving games, and as someone above mentioned, Project Cars had a free demo thie past weekend and it blew anything i have played out the water, but i couldnt sit on it for hours at a time as VR can cause some nausea(it didnt affect me or my kids who played for more than 2 hours).

VR just gives you a different type of immersion, it isnt for everyone and it may make some people sick(i havent seen anyone yet say Minecraft VR doesnt make them sick who have played it).

VR isnt trying to replace existing games, its trying to expand the experience, and it is doing it very well so far.

VR racing with a wheel and pedals drastically improves the experience.

Last edited:
PSVR owner. Wipeout, Skyrim, Polybius some faves. Werewolves Within lowkey awesome game too

VR racing with a wheel and pedals drastically improves the experience.

I actually completely disagree with this, i tried VR racing with pedals and a wheel, and while the wheel wasnt a problem, the pedals are not correctly spaced out, i also felt the feedback from the pedals to be extremely poor in relation to actual driving

I actually completely disagree with this, i tried VR racing with pedals and a wheel, and while the wheel wasnt a problem, the pedals are not correctly spaced out, i also felt the feedback from the pedals to be extremely poor in relation to actual driving

There are countless different wheels and pedals, several are even customizable.

Playing Project cars with an htc vive in my force feedback office chair is insanely fun and immersive.

Are there any full-length original games based around the VR gameplay?

Back