Any videos from youtube to help me improve my standup?

NiRinLove

Blue Belt
Reaction score
i am basically a grappler. i have done judo and currently doing bjj. however i want to improve my muy thai which currently is at level -1392426. i am going to start taking muy thai classes eventually once my cardio goes up to the point where i can do bjj then right after do muy thai. but for now are there any videos i can watch from youtube or any other place where i can see how to throw the kicks,punches,elbows,knees the RIGHT way? i can buy equipments and work myself if i have to until my cardio gets better.

any links would greatly be appreaciated. thanks in advance.

dont learn off vids unless you have a base.

vids can be great if you already understand things and you just compare what different ppl do.

YouTube - Muay Thai Training

heres a vid of my training routine. I am no expert, only 1 and half years training at home. Take my video lightly but i hope it can help you even just a little bit.

what i found has helped me with fighting is my knowledge of physics. Movement and motion. I understand where the power comes from....not strength but speed and the momentum of the strike. Attention to detail is very important.

You don't need a video. Just practice throwing straight(proper hooks take advanced footwork), easy punches, rotating your hips. Next get up on the balls of your feet and start dancing. Never cross your feet. Incorporate more punches. Most importantly, learn how it feels to put your hips into everything.

Also, learn to breath. These are two things anyone can jump into. You don't want to teach yourself the wrong way to do things only to have to start from scratch when you start training.

consistently training like hitting a bag for example is a lot better than watching videos and shit imo

consistently training like hitting a bag for example is a lot better than watching videos and shit imo

Its good for conditioning, but won't necessarily help him learn how to punch if he doesn't have someone to correct his form.

Try some of Kyrillo's(spellling) videos. I have checked out some of his videos and they look tremendous.

You don't need a video. Just practice throwing straight(proper hooks take advanced footwork), easy punches, rotating your hips. Next get up on the balls of your feet and start dancing. Never cross your feet. Incorporate more punches. Most importantly, learn how it feels to put your hips into everything.

Also, learn to breath. These are two things anyone can jump into. You don't want to teach yourself the wrong way to do things only to have to start from scratch when you start training.

well vids showing and illustrating everything you just said is what i am looking for. i dont no how to do any of those right.

thankas for all the vids so far guys. i greatly appreciate it.

i am planning to do this but i need to know the correct form in everything before i start just hitting a bag.

also if anyone have any recomendations of punching bags for a small room, it would be great.

If you're willing to spend money to buy equipment, then you might as well just pay membership for Muay Thai classes. Like someone above already said, videos don't help much when you don't have formal training. You're likely to pick up a bunch of bad habits because no matter how good the instructional is, you won't have objective feedback from another party (please don't post a training video and ask for critique).

Just start doing Muay Thai, even if you don't think you've got the stamina to do it alongside BJJ, just do it and the stamina will come eventually. Sometimes, too much planning and "preparation" eventually turns into procrastination.

YouTube - Badass01's Channel

Theres some really great boxing tips from established fighters like Bernard Hopkins and Mike Tyson. The name of the show the tips are taken from is called 'In This Corner'.

Enjoy:D

hes needs teh basicz man!

I know, but how long is it gonna be until he comes asking us how to apply his technique? I dont find the information (or at least most of it) to be too advanced. I for one would have loved to have known about these vids when I started sparring to teach my ass how to use a jab.

I know, but how long is it gonna be until he comes asking us how to apply his technique? I dont find the information (or at least most of it) to be too advanced. I for one would have loved to have known about these vids when I started sparring to teach my ass how to use a jab.

teaches him how to use it but not how to throw it.

Back