Any vegans on here?

E5, do you know of any good websites with vegan diet plans for athletes? My searches have come up blank for the most part. Thanks bro.

I got you. no need to fret. naturally, it would vary by person and goals.

start by digging around at Vegan Fitness :: Home
then you can scoot on over to Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness where this guy will teach to how to grow the best viking warrior goatee ever:
profile_avi_5.jpg

good nutrition data from a loooong time vegan, and not a hippie, Jack Norris R.D.: Vegan Health.org : Home
he also does nutritional consulting for $50: JackNorrisRD.com : counseling

and you can message me and I can give you some non-expert, moderately reliable, suggestions.

but seriously, if anyone here is vegan, read up on and consider:
B-12 -- take a sublinqual
Iron -- you might as well get it checked now and again, at least when you start out. also, if you're a menstruating woman, your need may be higher.
Calcium -- are you getting enough or what? I get mine through my fortified rice milk.
D2 (D3 is animal derived, I do believe)-- consider a D2 supplement unless you live on the equator
Omega-3's - flax seed oil is good to me.
creatine monohydrate by Creapure

precision nutrion also has a part of the forum and some posters that have a good knowladge base.
Following A Vegetarian Lifestyle - Precision Nutrition Member Zone

and I would like to make a request if E5 is gonna kill all the hippie-vegans (which I don't have any objections against) could someone then please kill everyone who ever posted a picture of a steak or a hamburger or ended their useless post with "im actually gonna go and eat some chicken right now" in threads like this?

precision nutrion also has a part of the forum and some posters that have a good knowladge base.
Following A Vegetarian Lifestyle - Precision Nutrition Member Zone

and I would like to make a request if E5 is gonna kill all the hippie-vegans (which I don't have any objections against) could someone then please kill everyone who ever posted a picture of a steak or a hamburger or ended their useless post with "im actually gonna go and eat some chicken right now" in threads like this?

Yeah, definitely poor taste there but you gotta expect that type of stuff on Sherdog.

see... I don't have a problem with vegans and vegetarians in principle but tonight.... tonight they got to me. I ordered a nacho steak burrito from baja fresh. I get to my station and start tearing into that thing like a starved ethiopian, and about halfway through I notice it tastes a little weird. No, it's not the jalepenos, it's not the beans, it's not the rice or the sparse cheese... THERE'S NO STEAK IN MY STEAK BURRITO!!! WHAT THE FUCK?! bad customer service, or vegetarian conspiracy... you decide!

see... I don't have a problem with vegans and vegetarians in principle but tonight.... tonight they got to me. I ordered a nacho steak burrito from baja fresh. I get to my station and start tearing into that thing like a starved ethiopian, and about halfway through I notice it tastes a little weird. No, it's not the jalepenos, it's not the beans, it's not the rice or the sparse cheese... THERE'S NO STEAK IN MY STEAK BURRITO!!! WHAT THE FUCK?! bad customer service, or vegetarian conspiracy... you decide!

Phase 1: infiltrate Sherdog with 5 "mainstream" vegans
Phase 2: hide Urban's burrito steak
Phase 3: ????
Phase 4: World Domination!!1

did you lose muscle and did it make you pale and weak?

did you lose muscle and did it make you pale and weak?
no, oddly my bodyfat went up three percent but I am now able to run a marathon easily... weird.

damn urban, if i knew it was your steak i wouldn't have thrown it out. sorry man. tell you what, i cook a pretty good steak for a vegetarian. i owe you one.

I got you. no need to fret. naturally, it would vary by person and goals.

Wow, man, just wow. I finally got around to checking all these links out and hot damn. It's like hitting the freakin jackpot. My wife was so worried about how she was gonna feed me for training, but these sites have perfect meal plans for vegan athletes.

I have on more question for you though, as a Vegan, would it be good for me to take a BCAA powder with my protein shake? I'm currently using pea protein isolate and i think i'm going to be sticking with it. what do you think vegan bjj?

Wow, man, just wow. I finally got around to checking all these links out and hot damn. It's like hitting the freakin jackpot. My wife was so worried about how she was gonna feed me for training, but these sites have perfect meal plans for vegan athletes.

I have on more question for you though, as a Vegan, would it be good for me to take a BCAA powder with my protein shake? I'm currently using pea protein isolate and i think i'm going to be sticking with it. what do you think vegan bjj?

sorry, I haven't researched BCAA. to be honest, I've never really figured out what exactly it is. I've never used them, for what that's worth. maybe someone else knows? BCAA's -- vegan or not vegan, and should we be taking them?

I don't think pea protein isolate is a complete protein though -- of course your body could be pulling from complementary foods as needed if you're eating the right stuff. unless you're bodybuilding, it may not matter. just something to keep in mind.

I've been looking for this. this is a comment about "natural" diets by Jack Norris:

source: Responses to Vitamin B12: Are You Getting It?

"In my opinion, there is probably no one in the U.S. who eats a "natural" diet. The U.S. food supply is routinely fortified with vitamins B1, B2, B3, iron, folic acid, vitamin D, vitamin A, calcium, vitamin C, and iodine. Even raw foodists

I'm vegan, except for the whey protein, eggs and occassional pizza. I don't buy new shoes very often and am probably buying vegan shoes next time. I eat a lot of different beans especially soy beans (complete protein), along with greens, bananas, tofu, potato (a lot of potato...it's the base of my diet) and rice. Some of that rice is wholegrain, it's a great source of fibre. I read broccoli was a 'whole' protein but I'm skepical, maybe you have some info about this? Half of my protein comes from whey powder with full fat milk, I try to get at least three servings per day. A vitamin pill/drink in the morning, sometimes a ZMA at night. Does that sound healthy?

Yeah, I don't really think you can call yourself Vegan at all. Not just the eggs and pizza, but you are drinking whole cows milk daily with whey powder?

That's more like being one of those weird vegetarians that don't eat meat, but they'll stop at a McDonalds and scarf down a Egg McMuffin or Filet-O-Fish.

I'm vegan, except for the whey protein, eggs and occassional pizza. I don't buy new shoes very often and am probably buying vegan shoes next time. I eat a lot of different beans especially soy beans (complete protein), along with greens, bananas, tofu, potato (a lot of potato...it's the base of my diet) and rice. Some of that rice is wholegrain, it's a great source of fibre. I read broccoli was a 'whole' protein but I'm skepical, maybe you have some info about this? Half of my protein comes from whey powder with full fat milk, I try to get at least three servings per day. A vitamin pill/drink in the morning, sometimes a ZMA at night. Does that sound healthy?

never heard of broccoli being a complete protein. that doesn't sound right.

Do vegans consider eating yeast to be eating animals? Bread and beer are cool or not?

Back