Any update on when Jon Jones will return?

MachidaNo1Fan

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I can't be the only one wondering why there isn't new information regarding his punishment. As much as I hate him, he deserves to rule 205 again. He's just too good. Just lacks a bit of common sense.

He's booked to face Rumble, Gus and DC in a fatal 4 way buried alive match at UFC 200 in Calgary. Source: Reddit

After he serves his jail time for another traffic accident...

joe-seattlefan_medium.gif

How does he "deserve" to rule the 205 division? By lying, using illegal drugs, breaking the law? I'm not a Jones hater...however he's up on felony charges, and it's not his first time...the guy doesn't "deserve" anything but due process of the law...

No updates yet. There was something a few weeks ago about a lack of evidence or something to convict him

He's mentoring youngsters all part of Dana's plan to Clea up his image. Ferrtita will make that lady he hit an offer she can't refuse and the charges will be dropped. Jones will return to the cage in January and reclaim his belt.

How does he "deserve" to rule the 205 division? By lying, using illegal drugs, breaking the law? I'm not a Jones hater...however he's up on felony charges, and it's not his first time...the guy doesn't "deserve" anything but due process of the law...

Because he is clearly LEVELS above the current "champion", and clearly the #1 P4P fighter in the world. Why else would he deserve to rule 205? And I fucking hate Jones. Just gotta suck it up and admit it sometimes... and there is no denying here that he's the best atm.

Any update on if he's going to jail?

Any update on if he's going to jail?

Last update was the DA were having trouble proceeding with the case because of the victim not releasing the medical records proving the broken arm. That evidence being very important as that's what bumped the charge to a felony(due to the personal injury afaik).

In the mean time Jones has been inching his way back into public doing some community outreach stuff.

Ftr, they're still very early in the criminal justice process. Jones was charged but released and hasn't been indicted yet. If they get the indictment then a trial date would be known shortly after.

I'll be happy when they announce Jon Jones' return to UFC.

Last update was the DA were having trouble proceeding with the case because of the victim not releasing the medical records proving the broken arm. That evidence being very important as that's what bumped the charge to a felony(due to the personal injury afaik).

In the mean time Jones has been inching his way back into public doing some community outreach stuff.

Ftr, they're still very early in the criminal justice process. Jones was charged but released and hasn't been indicted yet. If they get the indictment then a trial date would be known shortly after.

If the victim isn't releasing the medical records I would assume jones / UFC paid her off? See no other reason she wouldn't release her records.

If the victim isn't releasing the medical records I would assume jones / UFC paid her off? See no other reason she wouldn't release her records.

Either that, or she was lying about having a broken wrist. Although it would be a stupid thing to lie about since it's easily proven/disproven. If she were the type to lie she would've claimed a neck injury.

It certainly does sound like he paid her off.

I wonder what her price was? I don't think I'd do it for less than 6 figures... or enough coke to last me 10 years.

What if she has some self incriminating stuff in her own medical records, therefore won't release them?

Because he is clearly LEVELS above the current "champion", and clearly the #1 P4P fighter in the world. Why else would he deserve to rule 205? And I fucking hate Jones. Just gotta suck it up and admit it sometimes... and there is no denying here that he's the best atm.

Winning a 49-46 or 48-47 decision is not being "LEVELS above". If Jones and Cormier fights 10 times Jones likely loses many times.

You are absolutely correct, and we don't agree on much. Jones is a terrible person, but he's still the master of MMA.

Jones deserving prison is one thing, earning his MMA ranking is another.

Back