Any truck drivers around here?

ButtonMasher

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Having trouble finding legit jobs, bout to just say fuck it and take the plunge.

I hold a commercial drivers license but it was mostly used to test drive vehicles or towing. I've been retired for some time but I occasionally drive trucks for local dealers. These dealers tell me there are a lot of drivers who barely speak English. Lots of Spanish speakers and Eastern Europeans. Many companies hire independent contractors who own their own tractors to pull the company trailers. It allows companies to avoid record keeping as far as hours of operation and safety inspections. Owning your own truck has it's downside as you are paying for all repairs and you don't make money while the truck is being repaired.

SmokeyBandit_050Pyxurz.jpg

The boys are thirsty in Atlanta....and there's beer in Texarkana....

Man I want to be a trucker. Call me a sad twat who gets no pussy but I even play the shit out of them truck simulator games, just fantasizing about dat life on the open road. I got the license I'm just too secure and well-paid at my job to change. White people problems

Man I want to be a trucker. Call me a sad twat who gets no pussy but I even play the shit out of them truck simulator games, just fantasizing about dat life on the open road. I got the license I'm just too secure and well-paid at my job to change. White people problems

My older brother, who brings in about 80K a year, said he was contemplating becoming one when he seen the guys' paychecks.

He's the manager at a place that hauls cars.

You can make alot of money driving those things, but take 1 bad turn & you could lose it all.

My older brother, who brings in about 80K a year, said he was contemplating becoming one when he seen the guys' paychecks.

He's the manager at a place that hauls cars.

It's basically a 24 hour a day job but they don't pay you for 24 hours. People that work in an office can go out at night and have a few drinks. Truck drivers can't have any alcohol in their system and drive the truck. Over .04 is a violation whether your on duty or not. Even if driving your own vehicle on a weekend, .04 is a DUI if you hold a commercial license.

It's basically a 24 hour a day job but they don't pay you for 24 hours. People that work in an office can go out at night and have a few drinks. Truck drivers can't have any alcohol in their system and drive the truck. Over .04 is a violation whether your on duty or not. Even if driving your own vehicle on a weekend, .04 is a DUI if you hold a commercial license.

LOL I drink maybe once every 1.5-2 months now as is, it's not a big deal.

What I'm actually worried about more than anything is not being able to regularly work out.

Back