Any tips for a Muay thai guy sparring against boxers

These were posted in another thread. They should be stickied. They are the answer to 99% of boxing problems because they fix your fundamentals, get you accustomed to the correct movement and strengthen the right parts of you

You don't believe he knocked out a pro boxer with a Taekwondo kick? :cool:

What's the weight class of the pro boxer, what's their record, just give me the pro boxers name?

Do I believe someone can knock out a pro boxer with a kick.....of course they can.......

So I mainly train in muay thai and Im now doing some sparring against boxers at a boxing gym.
They guys Im sparring against are actual boxers and far more experienced than me obviously.
Im having trouble closing the distance (they are all way taller and heavier than me)
And i think in general boxers are way harder to hit than in muay thai. Better head movement and defense

I ate a few hard shots today and I need to work on my defense, once im inside I feel i do better.
Its hard not to throw an occasion leg kick or teep when im in trouble and see an opening.

Supermen punch actually worked well for me today because they were really weary of my legs, everytime i lifted my knee out of habit their hands dropped way down. Obviously that wont work forever

Im obviously not spacetime dropping pro boxers left right and centre
Play at some dirty boxing? You can utilize some of your clinch stuff from muay thai.

What's the weight class of the pro boxer, what's their record, just give me the pro boxers name?

Do I believe someone can knock out a pro boxer with a kick.....of course they can.......

The guy who put up the clip on Youtube thought that Joe claimed he knocked out pro boxers with punches.:D

These were posted in another thread. They should be stickied. They are the answer to 99% of boxing problems because they fix your fundamentals, get you accustomed to the correct movement and strengthen the right parts of you

Thanks for the serious advice.
I think I need to be more humble.
After today's session I'm actually considering taking a few months off MT (still nursing a leg injury) and putting all my focus into boxing. I can still drill MT on the bags at the boxing gym and hopefully find a pad holder there.
It may be the best of both worlds

How the fuck do I know? Do you think he savagely knocked out a guy several weight classes below him with a taekwondo kick? The most likely scenario is same weight or above.

Then why post it like a fact.........

How the fuck do I know? Do you think he savagely knocked out a guy several weight classes below him with a taekwondo kick? The most likely scenario is same weight or above.

Is there actually a vid of Joe doing this........

Because I believe him. A kicker at his level will KO some pro boxers easily. And he will also get beat up a lot. His account is concistent with other peoples experience.

So you don't have a vid and what is Joe's level, have you seen any vids of him hard sparring against people of the same weight class? Or have you just seen him kick some pads or a bag?

So you don't have a vid and what is Joe's level, have you seen any vids of him hard sparring against people of the same weight class? Or have you just seen him kick some pads or a bag?

He was state champion in the glory days of TKD (biggest talent pool ever). So I'd say he can kick....

Pretty rare to win with the first kick you throw..

Last edited:
He was state champion in the glory days of TKD (highest talent pool ever). So I'd say he can kick....

Pretty rare to win with the first kick you throw..

Highest talent pool ever, please back up that statement, he is 50 now that was when he was 21 and guess why he stopped fighting, health concerns........massive KB amateur record of 2-1....…and your telling me he KO's pro boxers in his weight class or above with kicks at the age of 50.......

I will tell you my opinion, he's a 50 year old man pumped up on HGH and probably steroids that likes to talk shit and kick bags.........if he ever actually got fit and lost some of that internal fat he is carrying and got into fight shape he would probably suffer a heart attack during an actual fight, it's all good going on about your own self importance.......but he would not stand a chance against a pro boxer with a reasonable record in their prime at his weight class......

Highest talent pool ever, please back up that statement, he is 50 now that was when he was 21 and guess why he stopped fighting, health concerns........massive KB amateur record of 2-1....…and your telling me he KO's pro boxers in his weight class or above with kicks at the age of 50.......

I will tell you my opinion, he's a 50 year old man pumped up on HGH and probably steroids that likes to talk shit and kick bags.........if he ever actually got fit and lost some of that internal fat he is carrying and got into fight shape he would probably suffer a heart attack during an actual fight, it's all good going on about your own self importance.......but he would not stand a chance against a pro boxer with a reasonable record in their prime at his weight class......

Back