Any Sherdoggers with dyspraxia?

I could never really sing and play guitar at the same time, but I don't think that counts.

In eighties, at school we used to call people who had difficulties in speech and coordination "retarded" and they'd be locked away in the special ed room. Even during recess.

After googling what dyspraxia is, I learned that those afflicted have the same intelligence as others.

I can't help but wonder how hellish it would be to have everyone think you were an imbecile when you weren't. People thinking you were illiterate because it took you too long to read, or you because it was too difficult for you to grip a pen.

The eighties weren't kind to people with problems like that.

No, but I get dysthymia every time I log into Sherdog. :p

In eighties, at school we used to call people who had difficulties in speech and coordination "retarded" and they'd be locked away in the special ed room. Even during recess.

After googling what dyspraxia is, I learned that those afflicted have the same intelligence as others.

I can't help but wonder how hellish it would be to have everyone think you were an imbecile when you weren't. People thinking you were illiterate because it took you too long to read, or you because it was too difficult for you to grip a pen.

Both my cousin and myself are dyslexic, as is his daughter. She went to a special school for children with dyslexia and has gone on to the regular school system and is doing fine.

We joke as this didn't exist when we were kid. Back then we were just stupid. What kind of moron confuses 'b' with 'd'?

I think this guy just called TS retarded.

Both my cousin and myself are dyslexic, as is his daughter. She went to a special school for children with dyslexia and has gone on to the regular school system and is doing fine.

We joke as this didn't exist when we were kid. Back then we were just stupid. What kind of moron confuses 'b' with 'd'?

In the second grade I pronounced "three" as "free" and it fucking sucked.

Again: The early eighties were not kind. Shit that was allowed back then would literally disintegrate the current Generation Veal thta has been raised with kid gloves to put "Feels" before Functionality.

They'd be like fat Pvt. Leonard from Full Metal Jacket in a world filled with Gunnery Sergeant Hartman's. They'd break.

Dyslexia and dyspraxia can be a hard road. But if one is going to be afflicted with that sort of thing then it should be right now.

In the second grade I pronounced "three" as "free" and it fucking sucked.

I'm British and I've always said free instead of three. It's hell. Not 'murcan so I don't deserve to say it

Back