Any Sherdoggers been in a difficult marriage?

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I’ve never been married.

But I lived with my kids mom for 3 years.

It was a case of an unstoppable force meeting an unmovable object.

She was a complete idiot and I was an over the top dick.

She was useless, never held a job, kept a filthy house and didn’t cook or take decent care of the kid. Just slept and smoked pot most of the day and just got fatter and fatter.

I was hardworking and motivated and dedicated to work and education and paying bills but treated her terribly. I was inattentive and disrespectful and mean and abusive.

Nightmare situation, but I was only 21-24 and she was 19-22.

We were just kids.

We’re a lot happier now. I got custody of my boy and he sees mom all the time.

My marriage was horseshit. I paid all the bills to help get her through school, she repaid me by cheating on me non stop and once she graduated trying to get me tossed in prison and playing the victim card.

If I saw her on fire on the side of the road, I'd tell he to wait so I can go get more gas.

You're in the honeymoon period, that all ends on June 15 then all hell breaks loose.

14 years of you wouldn’t believe it..

But she didn’t cheat.

Yes, from the start.

Just thank your lucky stars you are from the same continent.

My marriage is ok right now but we've gone through several periods where we were on the brink of divorce.

It sucks.

My marriage is ok right now but we've gone through several periods where we were on the brink of divorce.

It sucks.

Knowing everything you know now.

Would you marry the same person?

I want to do it all over again someday with someone special.

I was married for 6 years. Got divorced like 7 years ago.

Last few years of the marriage were garbage, especially when I deployed.

Ex stopped working, did fuck all when I was deployed and then I came back to resentment and a bunch of drama.

Glad I pulled the trigger on getting divorced.

Yup. Complete bitch to live with. Incapable of rational thought or conversation without going all ADHD and emotional with her thoughts and constant yelling. Refuses to get help. Blames everything in her life on everyone else. Sticking around b/c of the kids.

I was with my ex for like 20 years but the last 5-7 years were total shit. She was a raging bitch and I only stayed with her because we had two kids and I love being a dad. Finally pulled the trigger on the divorce when I caught her banging her best friends husband. It was my get out of jail free card, I could file for divorce without feeling guilty.

Now it's about 12 years later and she still wants me back even though she is married, calls drunk 3-4 times a year hinting about it. It's almost funny but I wind up feeling a little sorry for her.

Even one on my daughters was like: "You dodged a bullet there dad". Meaning you are lucky to not still be married to her.

the key to marriage is spiritual transformation. most marriages can be saved and even become happy if just one of the people will take it upon themselves to learn about relationships and spiritual and psychological change and begin that process for themselves and with love over time invite the other to join them in a better life.

it takes a lot of work and patience and love but it can be done as long as one of the people can be deeply committed to bringing a much better atmosphere and love towards the other over time.

mosty all you will hear about is he/she was an asshole or a bit#$ and that's as far as commitment to the relationship goes and that is why they fail. you have to have real answers and real solutions and love over time to make things work. you have to be an advocate for you partner armed with love and commitment and solutions to be a positive force in their lives.

think about how many people can list out fighter stats or sports stats about their favorite teams and analyze fighting styles and such easily. now how many of those same people can list out basic emotional and psychological knowledge and can implement that knowledge in a marriage applied to themselves and not to blaming the other? that is why marriages fail.

its crazy that the things that matter least in life are given the most attention and study and the most precious things that really matter are given almost no attention at all.

Why did you do that?

If it had worked out, it would have been an excellent return on my investment.

Thankfully she wound up torpedoing her own damn career, and now she is stuck in that dead end town she moved to.

If it had worked out, it would have been an excellent return on my investment.

Thankfully she wound up torpedoing her own damn career, and now she is stuck in that dead end town she moved to.

Paying everything for a girl is a terrible foundation to build a marriage on. Do you have to pay alimony?

Much better to date people in your own class.

Back