Any sayings you can't stand in Mma/Ufc coverage?

chris-cariaso-speaks-during-the-ufc-178-post-fight-press-conference-picture-id456239816
Gotta expose myself as a casual and tell you that i don't know who that is, haha.

"Reads", "Making reads" etc.

Where we're going, we don't need Reads.

Don't think I've heard it in a broadcast, but when people say jitz/jits to abbreviate jiu jitsu it's infuriating.
Agree. I don't hear that much around the new gym I go to so thats nice

Last edited:
"champ champ" is the worst.
Champ champ reached the fucking peak of annoying last year. Good thing Manny Pacquiao doesn't refer to himself as the champ champ champ champ champ champ champ champ champ.

"best weight cut of my life"
"best training camp of my life"
"I'm in the best shape of my life"
"I'm hungry"
"it's my time"
"he have never fought anybody like me"
"I want it more than him"
"the fans want it"
"we will see"
Last 2 from Bald Guf
Hearing this shit for years and consistently. It's crazy.

Last edited:
1) this is crazy
2) oh, man!
3) significant ground and pound here, Joe [used when the guy's just laying there on top)
4) Ohhhhhh! [especially loudly, usually said simultaneously with others present]
5. One Hundred Percent! [exclamation of agreement]

Last edited:
Couldn't help but to read every single one of those sayings/phrases in Joe Rogan's voice and it adds to the pissed off effect lol.

Any sentence started with dude/bro by men over 25 year old and even worse when you're over double that

Calling a fighter a stud lol just lol

Gotta expose myself as a casual and tell you that i don't know who that is, haha.
That's Cris Cariasso when he fought Demetrious Johnson back in 2014, I put that picture because Rogan claimed Chris Cariasso have legit ONE PUNCH KO power despite the fact Cariasso only have 3 KO/TKO wins in 22 career fights. lol.

Everybody knew Chris was overmatched and won't bring anything threatening to MM, I guess this is the best they could make up to sell the fight LMAO

Last edited:
When john anik says "Moraes" with his stupid fake accent
Lol now that you mention it, it's something I've always picked up on but never consciously thought about, lol I can hear it now.

When people (mainly Dana and Chael) say "listen" before their next sentence when talking to reporters, it is clear that they are listening already.

When Rogan says oh he is going for an omaplata but it doesn't happen

Pretty much everything Michael Schiavello says. Especially the screaming smack bang 4x every time someone gets knocked out.

When they refer to a fight as a "tilt." It's extraordinarily jarring to hear jousting terminology applied to ultimate fighting. Similarly when they go all poetical and call a round a "stanza." Thankfully it doesn't happen much.

I hate it when people refer to mma/cage fighting as "ultimate fighting". That's an organization, not a sport. Similarly, nobody goes "football leaging"

I agree with some things already said here like Anik saying "Moraes" stupidly and he beloved "clip". I also really hate this "run it back" trend that's going on. It's almost being used exclusively instead of saying rematch.

I hate it when people refer to mma/cage fighting as "ultimate fighting". That's an organization, not a sport. Similarly, nobody goes "football leaging"

I was thinking specifically about times I heard it on UFC commentary, so I have a slight excuse for my terminology.

Back