Any sayings you can't stand in Mma/Ufc coverage?

THUG ROSE! THUG ROSE!
<DCWhoa>

'Run it back' is one of the most annoying sayings that's come around in recent time. It's called a rematch.
I also really disliked slip and rip but that seemed to be a Mike Goldberg exclusive he pushed a lot that never gained any traction.

"5 seconds baby........ 5.....4......3......2.... "

during the official weigh-ins. EVERY single event, EVERY single fighter.
No.1 they should all get it by now.
No.2 it does not take a pro photographer 5secs to get one or two still shots of a stationary object. 1 second is enough, and they shouldn't need to be told to hold still for frigging 5seconds every time.

[small rant]
Also.....whilst we are on the official weigh-ins, the blonde UFC employee who announces who the next fighter is to weigh-in ....CANNOT apparently say all foreign fighters names. Yes she will confidently announce "Steve Smith" or whatever, but I remember events where Zhabit Magomedsharipov was fighting and she stumbled and kinda just went with "err....Zhabit". This is part of your job lady to say the fighters names. Ain't that hard, they're written down. Not everyone is Steve Smith or Mike Brown. Learn to say longer words or leave your job.
[/small rant]

"BREAKING: Tony vs Khabib fight off for the 5th time"

"we will be right back after this commercial break "

When they refer to a fight as a "tilt." It's extraordinarily jarring to hear jousting terminology applied to ultimate fighting. Similarly when they go all poetical and call a round a "stanza." Thankfully it doesn't happen much.

When john anik says "Moraes" with his stupid fake accent

"He is so elusive"
Joe Rogan saying it 84946516 times during any Lyoto Machida fight

"He's as good as anyone else"
Now that's some retarded shit, if he wasn't as good as everyone else he wouldn't be here

rogans "illegal elbows shouldnt be illegal" bit

"look at his muscles, gonna affect cardio"

most of these roganisms stopped though when cruz manned up and groaned threw them like the rest of us that herd it 1000 times already

To be the champ you have to beat the champ. I hate it so much. Mostly because that goes without saying and secondly what they actually mean by it isn't true

Don’t leave it in the hands of the judges is the worst

Back