Any resources for improving my submissions

dayofdaspookies

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering if there were any tips or resources that I could use to improve my submissions. I seem to have an easy time sweeping and transitioning from position to position and defending against sweeps and whatnot but the major flaw in my game is that when I try for a submission the guy always gets out. anybody got anything helpful? it would be much appreciated.

It's hard to determine exactly what the problem is, because "finishing subs" is an extremely broad topic, but my suggestions would be: 1) make sure you drill the hell out of them and 2) Don't skip any steps!

I just feel awkward when it comes to armbars, triangles, and god forbid omoplatas. I guess Ill just have to drill the fuck out of them....thanks for the advice though

I just feel awkward when it comes to armbars, triangles, and god forbid omoplatas. I guess Ill just have to drill the fuck out of them....thanks for the advice though

Chances are, it's likely an angle issue. Get the hips moving, and especially with this trio, you'll want to drill the shit out of them. I'm only a blue belt, but I suspect I'm going to be drilling this for the rest of my days.

Its called training
Dont mean to be rude but John will says
the reason he is better than people is that he taps out more often eg: training

you actually need an instructor or a high belt watching and correcting your subs attempts. no way you can self correct your techniques by reading or watching stuff.

you actually need an instructor or a high belt watching and correcting your subs attempts. no way you can self correct your techniques by reading or watching stuff.

It also helps to at least have a partner so they can give you feedback on how it feels, where they felt there could have been more pressure, where they could have escaped, or actually do escape.

Back