Any really good guilloteen tips?

Zen Machine

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have really been working on my guilloteen recently, and the subtle details that can make or break a successful one are astounding. Any thoughts or observations from your experience?

Hey guys. I have really been working on my guilloteen recently, and the subtle details that can make or break a successful one are astounding. Any thoughts or observations from your experience?

If I am not at least 95% sure I am going to get it, I don't bother gassing my arms. I like to almost look backwards as I extend my hips. I find I get the tap faster.

If I am not at least 95% sure I am going to get it, I don't bother gassing my arms. I like to almost look backwards as I extend my hips. I find I get the tap faster.

depends if you have an arm in or not.

I prefer the no arm version and focus on the set up and arm position. You can get them without wrapping both legs

there have been a few really good threads lately on the choke. one had a ton of youtube videos and discussions. another was made this week with an article written by a Grappling forum regular for an MMA site.

Yeah I was gonna say, just ask Drew Foster, he is the guillotine guru

The most important thing to remember is that once you get good (ie catch a few guys more than once) replace the 'guill' with your own name.
I think the Zenoteen sounds pretty badass so you're good to go my friend.

Learn to spell guillotine right first.

Back