Any questions for Steve Collins?

Poseidon

Black Belt
Reaction score
Should be meeting him May 30th at some charity event. He's boxing some guy my brother knows for a couple of rounds.

Roy Jones? lol...cringes

Nice!

Toughest opponent.

If he wanted to fight Toney.
How would he have handled Toney's trash talking.

yeah, ask him what he thinks of Andre Ward right now, and how he things Ward matches up with the guys of his day (IE: Benn, Calzaghe, Eubank, RJJ etc...)

First come first served then. I'll def ask those two questions as and when I get to him.

If he could have fought any middle/super middle from eras past or present who would it have been/how does he think it would have gone.

Ask him the secret punching techniques that Floyd Patterson taught him.

You seen this one- The Gloves Are Off: The Super-Middleweights, Jones, Eubank, Collins, Calzaghe chatting amongst themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1cLwJgLQmA

Enjoyed this for the most part, but also enjoyed the Best I've Faced or whatever it's called interview Athenry posted. More on that in a sec, but hahaha, Roy sure did get upset when Toney got brought up, and everyone didn't dismiss him due to Roy's comfortable win over him.

But, speaking of Toney, Athenry's link had links to other similar interviews, one of which being Toney's own "Best I've faced" opinions. Call me a newb, because I'm still am with boxing and it's DEEP history (and whole bunch of other stuff I really can't assess like others around here), but for a fighter as celebrated as James, to literally call an opponent the guy who made him the boxer he became... whoa. The boxer I speak of is Mike McCallum, of course.

Back