Any Questions for Eddie Bravo?

Brady Gillihan

Yellow Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
I hope this area of Sherdog isn't as goofy as the Heavyweights/Contenders.

I'm writing a story on a seminar Bravo put on this past weekend and got some pics and some quotes from trainees, but I'm talking to him tonight via telephone for a story for fighters.com

Just curious is there are any questions people would like to ask him. As for myself, I'm just now reading his book, so even as a journalist, I'm limited on my knowledge when it comes to Bravo stuff.

Anything specific?

Thanks. And if you want to say he's an idiot or gay or you don't like his music-that's fine, just shoot a legitimate question also.

just go to the "ask the fighters" section of the forums. he answers questions that are asked of him there when he has the time.

..come to think of it, Eddie is very open and most things can be found online/forums/articles/books. I really have nothing to ask ... ;)

How baked was he when he came up with the names for his techniques?

any insight he has on having nogi become part of the olympics one day.

his thoughts on some of the big names of the sport i.e. roger + jacare

any insight he has on having nogi become part of the olympics one day.

his thoughts on some of the big names of the sport i.e. roger + jacare

Yes, agreed. His thoughts on future fighters is good...marcelo as well.

Aslo, where does he see the next wave or even paradigm shift coming from the ground in mma or grappling?

Where does he get his weed? I want BJJ enhancing weed; the only weed around here is that crazy Zimbabwe weed that turns you into a deer.

will he ever compete again? (I am sure he has answered this at some time but I have never seen it)

Does he plan on actively expanding his schools? I think there is only about 4 or 5 of his gyms out there right now. It says on his website that the instructors have to come to him or something? Really i just want one in GA heh.

Ask Eddie how much he squats.

I swear before I read this I was thinking how asking how much he benches. I wonder how much he benches, deads, and squats. Just curious not like it really matters.

i still dont understand his claim to marijuana being like the steroid of bjj. Is it that it relaxes the muscles and helps flexibility? Is it because you are more relaxed so you can work more on technique?

Seriously if i was high and did BJJ i would forget everything the instructor just tried to teach and be lazy. Maybe im not going about my high training the right way...

Oh and also what he thinks about the common saying (at least i hear it all the time) that rubber guard only works for certain types (such as his freakish flexibility).

PS: i have not gotten his book yet so if this is all covered in his books than my apologies.

Also... what he thinks about people saying that some of his flexibility methods are bad for your ligaments/joints as they should not be stretched for long-term health. (things like stretching the knees and the immense flex he has in his lower back as well)

Yes, agreed. His thoughts on future fighters is good...marcelo as well.

just in case you haven't seen this

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x34B0moKir4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x34B0moKir4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

also i would like to hear his thoughts on Demian Maia and Aoki.

does he see attitudes changing about his style of jiu jitsu? or does he feel there's still a lot of resistance to fighters giving up the gi, working the under/overs and playing a more aggressive guard? where does he feel progress has been made since he's shared his entire game with the world of mma and jiu jitsu?

1 ) Who do you consider your peers in the BJJ world?

2) Have any of the Gracies commented on your books?

3) How do you feel a rematch with Royler would go?

4) If you had to chose between giving up weed or always wearing a GI when grappling, which would you choose?

Will he be competing again soon?

After his dvd/book success, has he moved up to baller status and moved out of the shithole of a crib he showed in twister? :)

Ask him about the "Double Bagger" It's a new rubber guard control position.

Back