Any point in watching alkalinity?

Your body doesn't maintain its' pH effortlessly. If your diet is too acidic your body is going to have to use acid neutralizing compounds to counteract it. If it runs out of compounds, which will surely happen if your diet is consistently too acidic, it's going to have to take calcium away from your bones and teeth to do it. It would not be surprising that it would cause your bones to fracture more easily. And if your body is continuously struggling to maintain it's proper pH, you open to the doors to all sorts of health problems ranging from heart disease to diabetes. You don't need to follow a diet solely based on alkaline foods. But most people have acid diets, so they need to make a conscious effort to bring it back in balance.

This is an interesting point.

Perhaps someone could enlighten me on something else as well. As I am not certain about the physiological process, or how pervasive this actually is. But I have been told that the body can actually store acids and other toxins in fat, if they are ingested at a rate faster than what the body can flush out on it's own. If that were indeed the case, would it not be difficult to lose fat, even on a calorie restricted diet, if your diet was way too acidic, or you are ingesting other toxins. Or, would the amount of acidity and other toxins you would have to ingest for this to take place be so enormous, that it is nearly impossible.

This is an interesting point.

Perhaps someone could enlighten me on something else as well. As I am not certain about the physiological process, or how pervasive this actually is. But I have been told that the body can actually store acids and other toxins in fat, if they are ingested at a rate faster than what the body can flush out on it's own. If that were indeed the case, would it not be difficult to lose fat, even on a calorie restricted diet, if your diet was way too acidic, or you are ingesting other toxins. Or, would the amount of acidity and other toxins you would have to ingest for this to take place be so enormous, that it is nearly impossible.

No I think you'll struggle to find any proper evidence that any of that is true. At all!

Back