Any people like this in your school?

Big Red

Green Belt
Reaction score
I acccidentally downloaded a video of backyard fighting that is heavily inspired by MMA today. It said it was Pride & it turned out to be a lot of kids fighting, but not random fights, they looked pretty planned.

The first one made me sick & I feel this kid is a shame to BJJ, MMA &/or whatever disciple he is. Basically, two kids walk up to a very young kid on the beach who jst came out the sea, next thing you know, one of them shoots in, brings him to the ground & mounts him. The other is shouting "let him go and take your beating or ill breka your nose" to the innoncent kid who has the cunt in a headlock to defend himself. The attacker breaks loose, puinches him a few times & head butts him, whilst his :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: boyfriend is shouting "armbar him". That is what made it evident these fools think they are future MMA fighters.

This made me ill, mainly coz the kid who was attacked by what looked like, 18-21 yr olds, seemed to be only around 16. I know MMA started from street fighting, but this was something different. It was some doods who thought they were tough & attacked a guy who didnt want to fight. I am aware you get many people who set up their own MMA fights in their backyard & although I'm not favourable to this, at least both fighters agree to fight.

You guys think you got any guys at your dojo who would do this sort of stuff outside training, and use their skills negatively to innoncent people. I'm aware I may get people calling me a "pussy" or whatever, I've read threads whilst I was a lurker & many kids on this forum find it either amusing or cool to do this sort of stuff. I remember reading a thread by some kid who sort of asked peoples feelings towards backyard fighting, he said he thought he could win & sounded pressured by his friends to do it. He was just one of the examples of dumb kids doing this sort of stuff.

The kids on the vid who attacked the kid made me wanna rip them apart, which wouldn't really prove my point. All I can hope is they attack someone who is a good fighter & they are severly punished.

i would like for some guys like that to try to attack me at the beach, it would be fun, i look a little fat and old so, i would be an easy target for punks, until i i beat them down and make them kiss each other for all the people watching

I would have to honestly say that I can't think of anyone that I train with that would do something like that. On the flip side, most of the guys that train with would have beat the shit out of the two bullies if they would have seen that going on.

Noone I train with would ever do that, and like lairdog says, anyone I train with or even my friends that don't train but are just tough dudes would step in in a second if they saw something like this happen. Something like this actually did happen one time. My friends were at some local concert when I was down at UFC 53. Its kindof out of character for them because we arent really into that kinda stuff, but they went nonetheless. Anyway, my one friend Dan (most standup guy you could meet) saw this one kid who is involved with this "gang" I guess you could say called the Far Out Crew (FOC) tormenting this younger kid. Now the FOC kid was like 21, along with the rest of the kids in FOC, and the younger kid must have been like a freshman if not younger. He saw him just messing with him all night but what really got him angry was when he saw him drag the kid across the floor by his neck and throw him against the wall and hold him there. My friend Dan goes up behind the kid, taps him on the shoulder and when he turns around he fucking rips the kid off by his face haha (pretty much put his hand in his mouth and grabbed his jaw and yanked him). Then he gets him around the throat and starts punchin the shit out of him. They backed up in a group of people that was basically holding them up, but when they realized what was going on they moved out of the way and they fell and Dan landed in mount on the kid and just fired away. As he landed shots on the kid some of the FOC kids started kicking him in the back/head, until a whole fucking gang of kids we are friends with/just acquantances got involved and it was a brawl. Worked out alrite tho, Dan was fine and none of the kids on his side got hurt at all, and the only ones that got arrested were in the FOC. I wish I coulda been there man, the one time my friends get into a fight and Im down the shore haha. Fighting is my specialty too haha, I coulda really done some damage on some punkasses. Oh well haha.

The background on the video you saw was that the kid coming out of the water had been previously told numerous times that he wasn't allowed to surf because there was a contest going on. This is over at Pipeline, I believe. Someone paddled out to get him out and he refused to get out and even started throwing punches with the guy who came out to get him (Not sure who threw the 1st punch there.)

Doesn't justify the 2 guys giving him a MMA style beat down that hard, but the kid wasn't completely innocent either.

Lurve_Chelle said:
The background on the video you saw was that the kid coming out of the water had been previously told numerous times that he wasn't allowed to surf because there was a contest going on. This is over at Pipeline, I believe. Someone paddled out to get him out and he refused to get out and even started throwing punches with the guy who came out to get him (Not sure who threw the 1st punch there.)

Doesn't justify the 2 guys giving him a MMA style beat down that hard, but the kid wasn't completely innocent either.

Oh it was that video?? Those weren't guys bullying some poor innocent kid, that dipshit deserved the beat down that he got.

I wasn't aware of the background, but from I was shown, it seemed like a viscious set up, espicially when the friend suggested armbarring him. Even so, a ridicolously hard beat down.

You, I have a few diferent vids fo the same fight and you gotta see the begiggning of it to undwerstand. There was a lot fo talk about it here on sherdog when it came out a while back. I was saying, even with seeing the first part, that the trained MMA figher in the vid was a bully and should not ahve done that. Maybe the kid started the fight in the beginning when they were int he water and was way out fo line with the other stuff, but he obvously did not want to fight when he got tackeled to the ground and brutally beaten.

I doubt they will attack a swerously good fighter and get punished. The bully ont he vid looked pretty good himself and it looks like they are the type who run in packs. Look at all the guys who cheered him on, knew his name, and were filming it for him. If eh ever started losing, they would all start doing face stomps would be my guess.

Those guys train at a Gracie school down there. The one who was on the jet ski in the part you didn't see is a brown or black belt (also who didn't get involved). Basically there was a surf contest, in their backyard. That guy showed them no respect, didn't want to move out of the way and got off pretty easy. That was NOT a severe beatdown, he walked away with a few lumps and a bruised ego. He probbaly could have walked away, but he chose to talk shit when they confronted him on the beach after he finally paddled in.

He learned his lesson, and it was a fair fight. One on one, they way it should always be.

Not a set up. Not a vicious beatdown.

Guy was a complete asshole at a surf contest, and would not leave when asked. Would not ask when told. Then threw a punch at a guy who swam out to tell him to leave.

He got back on the beach and continued to talk shit. He could have apologized and walked away. He didn't. He disrespected locals on thier turf during a contest. He is lucky he walked away at all. He took his beating and will definately not make that mistake again. He didn't get curb stomped or gang beaten.

He took a good ole fashioned public service beating during his lesson on manners, local customs, and basic respect. End of story.

Big Red said:
I acccidentally downloaded a video of backyard fighting that is heavily inspired by MMA today. It said it was Pride & it turned out to be a lot of kids fighting, but not random fights, they looked pretty planned.

The first one made me sick & I feel this kid is a shame to BJJ, MMA &/or whatever disciple he is. Basically, two kids walk up to a very young kid on the beach who jst came out the sea, next thing you know, one of them shoots in, brings him to the ground & mounts him. The other is shouting "let him go and take your beating or ill breka your nose" to the innoncent kid who has the cunt in a headlock to defend himself. The attacker breaks loose, puinches him a few times & head butts him, whilst his :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: boyfriend is shouting "armbar him". That is what made it evident these fools think they are future MMA fighters.

This made me ill, mainly coz the kid who was attacked by what looked like, 18-21 yr olds, seemed to be only around 16. I know MMA started from street fighting, but this was something different. It was some doods who thought they were tough & attacked a guy who didnt want to fight. I am aware you get many people who set up their own MMA fights in their backyard & although I'm not favourable to this, at least both fighters agree to fight.

You guys think you got any guys at your dojo who would do this sort of stuff outside training, and use their skills negatively to innoncent people. I'm aware I may get people calling me a "pussy" or whatever, I've read threads whilst I was a lurker & many kids on this forum find it either amusing or cool to do this sort of stuff. I remember reading a thread by some kid who sort of asked peoples feelings towards backyard fighting, he said he thought he could win & sounded pressured by his friends to do it. He was just one of the examples of dumb kids doing this sort of stuff.

The kids on the vid who attacked the kid made me wanna rip them apart, which wouldn't really prove my point. All I can hope is they attack someone who is a good fighter & they are severly punished.

Can you post the video please I want to watch it because it sounds like the one at a surf contest in Hawaii at the North Shore.

No one I know does this kind of thing but ask any surfer website, even those that don't train, what will happen to you if you don't obey the water patrols during a surf contest, paddle out and start fighting and see what they say.

I am not saying that I support that kind of thing but just that it is a surfer thing. No matter where, Brazil, California, Tahiti, Hawaii. Don't paddle out in the middle of a surf contest. Don't talk back to security or water patrol. Don't even think about throwing punches or threatening them because that is asking for a fight.

As to what was actually said, I never heard the audio for the fight and maybe this is another fight I am thinking about but for the most part it is labeled either HAWAIIAN BEATDOWN, SURFER FIGHT or something along that lines. The guy on the boogey board is Kainoa?.

I'm not going to say what school those surfers train in Oahu, Hawaii, but its not at Relson Gracie's Main or affiliate association for sure.

If its the same video I am talking about and you really want to fight them then you can go to any north shore surf contest and probably find them.

First paddle out when not in the surf contest and refuse to listen to them. Then refuse to leave and start a fight if you still feel like ripping them apart and severly punishing them. Probably be a good idea to take a few friends with you and take multiple video angles. Just remember those surfers have a big thing about backing each other up and you probably want to have some people around just in case.

Good luck and post us a video.

Sounds like he deserved it, but no. Nobody in my school would do that to an innocent.

Hell, some of my training partners are police officers.

I'd love someone to try that on me. They'd be in for a pleasant surprise.

I believe what you downloaded would be called the "Gracie in Action" video series.

Actually not in this case but it sounds about right.

Back