1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Any package deals around?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Kevo589, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Kevo589

Kevo589 White Belt

Does anyone know where a beginner like me can get any package deals that are actually worth the price? I need everything pretty much, but i'm not sure what really good brands are, or what a good price is. I found MMA Beginner Fight Package Discount but i'm not sure how legit it is. If any of you guys know some good package deals I could get i'd appreciate it. thanks

2. PeterPain

PeterPain Brown Belt

3. Tone C

Tone C Silver Belt

Some of the cageside deals are okay and what exactly will u be training?

4. Kevo589

Kevo589 White Belt

alright thanks ill look into the cageside I am planning on doing this long term. The gym i'm joining trains in muay thai, jiu jitsu, kickboxing, and wrestling

5. Ah...Cageside also sells the HCK Gi's which is an excellent beginner choice.

6. From a college student's perspective (ie Tiny Budget), I would first try the classes that you plan on taking. Many gyms have loaner gear for new guys/trial members like bag gloves. After you try out the classes, you can choose which classes you like more.

Maybe, you'll only do BJJ, so you can invest in a nicer gi or multiple gis. Or if you choose to do all, you can choose which one you're willing to spend a little more on.

As for packages, I would suggest the Cageside MMA Packages. They're a name that comes up a lot in the gear forums with positive reviews in terms of their products and their customer service. If I ever get serious about attending striking-related classes, Cageside would be my go-to brand.

My experience with Cageside MMA and Boomer involved ordering some Clinch Gear shorts from them, but not liking the fit and exchanging it for their "Night Hawk" shorts (which I plan on doing a review on after midterms.) They were very pleasant to communicate with via email and the shorts are fantastic.

Other brands that I would suggest are Padilla and Sons for gis, KO Fight Gear for sparring gloves (boxing), and Ouano for gis as well.

7. Tone C

Tone C Silver Belt

You need to post more in G and E sickyGnarwhal ^

8. Kevo589

Kevo589 White Belt

Yeah I emailed boomer, and got a good deal on gloves, (sparring and mma gloves) a mouthgaurd, handwraps and a cup. The rest I can get from my gym but yeah that as a great recommendation thanks a bunch

9. ChittyChitty

ChittyChitty Orange Belt

Does anyone know about the Cageside Defender headgear and how it compares to cageside's other headgears?

10. I haven't seen it yet. I have the Hybrid myself.
    Looks like the Defender has more coverage

11. Sir Galahad

Sir Galahad Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

CagesideMMA has excellent package deals. :)