Any other progressives here feel betrayed by the Democrats?

So they should allow the corrupt democratic party to bend them over and vote for them anyway? Give me a break. Time for an outsider.

Yes, the magic outsiders who are always pure of heart, never can sure come to corruption, and somehow get things done in government while never doing things in a political way.

I'm all for sending a message, sure, but Trump is too high of a cost.

I don't even think it would necessarily make Dems change for the better. I thought two defeats would do that to Republicans but they just kept on their descent into madness.

Since I live in Tennessee I'll likely vote Stein, but Hillary is many times more qualified and better than Trump. The Republican platform is a tragic, regressive joke. No amount of calling people cucks is going to make their terrible ideas actually good for the vast majority of people in this country.

What do you think of this?

Posted by LuchaBear in another thread.

(Even after all they have done to Bernie voters they are now taking seats away from Bernie Delegates, paying actors $50 to take their place, setting up white noise machines to drown them out etc.

Show the corrupt dems that they can't get away with this in the upcoming election. They own the media. Time to make them pay at the polls
Classic Hillary.

She would fill a stadium up with cardboard cut outs if she felt like it. All for the cameras.

Classic Hillary.

She would fill a stadium up with cardboard cut outs if she felt like it. All for the cameras.

What is worse is that the media is complicit in it all. There isn't even a peep about it or the thousands of protestors outside.

I can think everyone in the Warroom should pledge NOT to vote for either Hillary or Donald.

Ok, so who's going to make the promise first!

I can think everyone in the Warroom should pledge NOT to vote for either Hillary or Donald.

Ok, so who's going to make the promise first!
I promise I won't vote for either one of them!

Trump's argument is that China and other countries aren't playing by the rules of free trade by doing things like manipulating their currency. His argument is that if China and others are not playing by the rules then neither should we. Free trade has to be fair trade. And when one side is not playing by the rules that is not fair and thus not free.

I'm not an expert on trade but that is his argument.

You're link doesn't contradict anything I said. You just posted a link to give off the impression that you countered what I said when you did nothing of the sort. Here is Trump's argument regarding Crimea from his own mouth:

"Let me explain first of all — this is Europe's problem much more than ours, OK?" Trump told CNN during a trip to Scotland.
"And Europe isn't complaining as much as we are. But this is more of a Europe problem," Trump continued. "And when Europe comes to us and says, 'We want your help, we want your help,' but they're not really doing that. They're dealing with Russia, they're taking in the gas, they're taking in the oil — they're not really doing that. And you know, we're making a big deal out of it."
"But why isn't Germany leading this one?" Trump asked. "You know Germany is a very rich, very powerful nation. Why aren't they dealing on it moreso? Everything the United States — we're like the policeman of the world."

He is saying that this is not our problem and that the rest of Europe doesn't seem to be too worried about it as they continue to deal with Russia. And if Europe isn't making this a big deal then why are we? Again, thats an non-interventionist position not a pro-Putin position.

Hillary is not unlike Kim Jong Un in that regard. Let's get all our media cronies to help us craft this pleasant rosy image of the biggest corporate political slug in modern history.

Classic Hillary.

Of course, it's about a long-term transformation of America, bro. I'm down with that. Free drugs, free PhDs to everyone, tolerance, no more wars against anyone ever. But in order to do that we MUST make sure Wall Street racist "superpredator" shill Shillary doesn't win in 2016. Gotta get everyone you know that votes Democrat to vote Stern. Gotta keep the Shill out!

YEAH!! Cause... The system... and.. and stuff....

Oh yeah! Me too!

TrZrg1A.png

Come on, fellow Dems, we've gotta get out there and vote for Jill for the good of the future. I don't agree with Trump on literally anything but we can't let the DNC and Democrats steal our momentum.

What's with that Shoop? I take it there's a joke there but I'm not getting it?

Generally good points but needs some extra nuance for this election. In this primary both parties has outsiders (I.e. Non party members) make a run at the nomination. Both parties did what you would expect and conspired to prevent the outsider from wrenching the nomination from the party's grasp. One of those parties failed, representing a weakening of the cycle. The other was successful in preserving their hold over the system and if they win in November, they will actually help the other party by repairing the broken loop.

Trump's argument is that China and other countries aren't playing by the rules of free trade by doing things like manipulating their currency. His argument is that if China and others are not playing by the rules then neither should we. Free trade has to be fair trade. And when one side is not playing by the rules that is not fair and thus not free.

I'm not an expert on trade but that is his argument.

Free Trade, which conservatives were for until recently is not the same as fair trade. The whole reason conservatives believed in free trade was the belief that the market would even things out. It is nice to think that adding tariffs to Chinese good would make them change their ways, but it is also fantasy. It would only bring a trade war and hurt us just as much.

You're link doesn't contradict anything I said. You just posted a link to give off the impression that you countered what I said when you did nothing of the sort. Here is Trump's argument regarding Crimea from his own mouth:

"Let me explain first of all — this is Europe's problem much more than ours, OK?" Trump told CNN during a trip to Scotland.
"And Europe isn't complaining as much as we are. But this is more of a Europe problem," Trump continued. "And when Europe comes to us and says, 'We want your help, we want your help,' but they're not really doing that. They're dealing with Russia, they're taking in the gas, they're taking in the oil — they're not really doing that. And you know, we're making a big deal out of it."
"But why isn't Germany leading this one?" Trump asked. "You know Germany is a very rich, very powerful nation. Why aren't they dealing on it moreso? Everything the United States — we're like the policeman of the world."

He is saying that this is not our problem and that the rest of Europe doesn't seem to be too worried about it as they continue to deal with Russia. And if Europe isn't making this a big deal then why are we? Again, thats an non-interventionist position not a pro-Putin position.

No it does not contradict what you said, however it does show that Trumps position is more then, it's Europe's problem. He is also calling for recognizing Russia's annexation of Crimea and lifting sanctions. So letting Russia take over land by force and suffer no consequences. Plus the idea that the EU isn't concerned about Russia is laughable. The way Trump speaks it sounds as if he is more interested in being friends with Russia then Europe.

Says the man who will most like vote for Trump, the GOP candidate that is against free trade, cozying up to Russia and holds a bunch of other stances that use to be the opposite of the conservative core beliefs.
It's a reminder that conservatives are just as obsessed with identity politics more than traditional conservative values and policies

Stein has never once held political office. I can't believe progressives are so outrageously unyielding that they would find themselves considering an absolute political neophyte for the highest office in the world.

Back