Any other guitar players here remember when they tried to ban guitar tabs on the internet?

I’m all out of ideas.

let’s brainstorm here!!

-phone hotlines
-yellow/white pages books
-tv ads
-radio ads
-magazine ads

what are your ideas you want to contribute??

I can post flyers around my neighborhood

Skips and Northridge music were my go to shops.

I'm tone deaf as hell. Still can't really tune my guitar by ear. Definitely can't learn a song by ear.

I wish I could remember the name but there was a tab site back in the day that had a really popular forum like this one where all the guitarists blamed Kurt Cobain for killing the guitar leads and solos. They'd just bitch all day about how new music sucked and basically only classic rock and metal were any good. Think that site got shut down when they were trying to ban guitar tabs.
Shit, I forgot you were from Sacramento. Yeah, Skips was ok, but full of douches working there. There was also Drum & Guitar City which had good deals on shit. Northridge was the only place that sold Mesa Boogie, so I went there often which sucked because I am from the south area, so it was a long drive.

But after a couple years I just started ordering stuff through the Musician’s Friend Catalogue. I still have the Ibanez RG 570 I got through them. It’s a great guitar.

Shit, I forgot you were from Sacramento. Yeah, Skips was ok, but full of douches working there. There was also Drum & Guitar City which had good deals on shit. Northridge was the only place that sold Mesa Boogie, so I went there often which sucked because I am from the south area, so it was a long drive.

But after a couple years I just started ordering stuff through the Musician’s Friend Catalogue. I still have the Ibanez RG 570 I got through them. It’s a great guitar.

How dare you.

Is Skips still around? I haven't been to a music shop in years. I remember Northridge having Mesa Boogie as well because I think that's what Metallica used. I got an ESP guitar back in the day because of them too.

Yep that Ibanez is a solid guitar. My brother used to have one. I only play about once a month or so these days but the last couple years my girlfriend has gotten me a Martin acoustic and a Les Paul. Nicer guitars than anything I ever dreamed I would have but I told her it's probably not worth it to buy me a thousand dollar guitar just so I can play Third Eye Blind or some shit. I'm definitely not playing Eruption.

How dare you.

Is Skips still around? I haven't been to a music shop in years. I remember Northridge having Mesa Boogie as well because I think that's what Metallica used. I got an ESP guitar back in the day because of them too.

Yep that Ibanez is a solid guitar. My brother used to have one. I only play about once a month or so these days but the last couple years my girlfriend has gotten me a Martin acoustic and a Les Paul. Nicer guitars than anything I ever dreamed I would have but I told her it's probably not worth it to buy me a thousand dollar guitar just so I can play Third Eye Blind or some shit. I'm definitely not playing Eruption.
I have a Les Paul Standard that I used to gig with. But the action on the Ibanez just made it such a breeze to play that I switched back to using that. This is, of course, over a decade ago when I had time to play in a band. Now all I do is work and Muay Thai.

I actually thought Metallica sounded better when they used Marshall’s, even though I typically don’t like the Marshall sound as much. But it really worked for them.

Back