Any other fans of Hozier here?

This forum needs more Hozier:

Can't decide which of these performances I like better. "Shrike" is my favorite, but this might be his best song-- even better than "Take Me to Church":

This forum needs more Hozier:

Can't decide which of these performances I like better. "Shrike" is my favorite, but this might be his best song-- even better than "Take Me to Church":

I just spent a good portion of the past week trying to decide which version of "Movement" I like better. I love them both. So much, in fact, that I've chosen it to be the song that my fiance & I dance to during our wedding reception next month. She's a former ballet dancer so it fits her so well.

Take Me To Church is pretty overplayed by now, but I’m very excited about his new album. I’ve loved everything he’s put out lately.

First single off the new album has the new scream queen guest starring:

First single off the new album has the new scream queen guest starring:

Yeah, I'm really digging the new song & the fact that Hozier used Anya Taylor-Joy in it. I've been a big fan of her's since THE WITCH & she's done nothing but excellent work since. Including in this video.

With the 2020 Country Music Awards Female Vocalist of the Year Maren Morris:

Last edited:
Brilliant covers in my opinion. Girl has one of the smoothest most pleasant voices I’ve ever heard.

Best male voice in the world today:

Just found his new album dropped 5 days ago:

Although I've always had eclectic tastes in music & I can listen to anything from classic rock to soul to country for the past few years I've mostly been listening to alternative rock. With my favorite bands being Thirty Seconds To Mars, Arctic Monkeys & Muse. But, I recently discovered the artist Hozier & I can't get enough of his stuff. Which is odd because I've never been much of a blues fan. Yeah, technically here in the States he gets labeled as alternative rock in truth he's an Irish bluesman.
I'm not very familiar with his career yet however & I have no idea how popular he is so I thought that I'd try to gauge it here. So, are there any other fans here on these boards?

I just wanted to comment how hilarious it was that he followed "I've always had eclectic tastes in music" with "my favorite bands being Thirty Seconds To Mars, Arctic Monkeys & Muse" + " I recently discovered the artist Hozier & I can't get enough of his stuff"

That's not eclectic lol, that's having a teenagers taste for music at basically 60

I just wanted to comment how hilarious it was that he followed "I've always had eclectic tastes in music" with "my favorite bands being Thirty Seconds To Mars, Arctic Monkeys & Muse" + " I recently discovered the artist Hozier & I can't get enough of his stuff"

That's not eclectic lol, that's having a teenagers taste for music at basically 60
I don't think "eclectic" would be my first choice of adjective to describe that assortment of three bands, since they're essentially alternative rock or alternative pop, but I don't know why you'd deride them as you have. If anything, I think you'd find those who share an affinity for these four artists to skew older.

Back