Any other DC fans hate this fight?

It is a good competitive fight on paper, but I can't help but hate it. DC is one of the nicest down to earth guys in the UFC and he went from getting a money fight with Brock to an absolute dog fight in which his resume gains nothing with a win and loses a lot with a loss.

Wish he was fighting someone like Francis because he isn't going to be able to top his first Stipe win and has a very real chance of being retired in the cage.

With such a nice guy I wish he would have just retired on top.

TLDR... I'm scared DC is going to get knocked out.
Nice guys don’t jab eyes of other nice guys that can’t speak properly

DC is not a nice guy, he's a chump for cheating and the ref was crooked for handing out for warnings without deducting a point. You should get warned once, deduct a point on the second infraction, and DQ'd the third.

totally dangerous fight for both guys, totally impossible to predict. do not put money on this one.

Well if he didn't fight Stipe then he'd be breaking a promise. From early on he promised to fight Stipe if the Lesnar fight didn't materialize.You view him as one of the nicest down to earth guys in the UFC, but you'd prefer that he would go back on his word?

Haven’t seen @Final Say posting lately.

He’s probably more anxious about this fight than anyone on sherdog unless dc and stipe post here.

He’s probably contemplating rather or not to watch the fight live.

Well if he didn't fight Stipe then he'd be breaking a promise. From early on he promised to fight Stipe if the Lesnar fight didn't materialize.You view him as one of the nicest down to earth guys in the UFC, but you'd prefer that he would go back on his word?

Fair enough. Prefer he never gave the word, and he probably gave it because he was confident he could get Brock or Jones at 265lb. Regardless of giving your word, would have been hard to blame a guy at 40 for retiring.

I'm not saying Francis would have been easier. Both fights are fairly close to 50/50 but a win would mean more than beating a guy a 2nd time will.
I get that but don't agree with both being 50/50
I think DC holds some very big advantages over Steeopic and I think DC knows this which is why he's agreed to the rematch
Easy dub

Not really.

I am way more confident in DC winning this fight than I should be. Stipe is a very good fighter obviously. But I am fairly confident DC wins this.

DC seems too confident coming in with a win over Stipe already. Hopefully he gets the win, but I've got a bad feeling about it.

I dont like the fight for DC because he probably cant win any better than he did the first time. So at best he has a harder fight but still wins, at worst he gets knocked out. The reason the Brock fight didnt happen is because he can't piss clean.

DC only loses if he continues to lean to his left like he does, and also walk forward with his head up and reaching with his arms.

If he does that, he loses this time.

What a stupid post.

He's the HW champ. He is supposed to face the best available contender. He's doing that. Because that's what champs do.

DC is one of the nicest down to earth guys in the UFC

DC is almost as fake as Jones is. We see his petty, angry side come out all the time, and if you're only a nice guy when no one is provoking you, maybe you're not that nice of a guy after all.

Plus he's more than willing to cheat as we've seen with both the towel and his eyepokes. That pretty much by itself disqualifies him from being a good guy (another situation of "good except when you're not," which of course is no good at all).

What a stupid post.

He's the HW champ. He is supposed to face the best available contender. He's doing that. Because that's what champs do.

TS's point is that DC had a good career, and he should have been able to hang it up and ride off into the sunset. He's concerned that DC is staying in the sport longer than is good for him, which is perfectly valid.

He did the exact same thing with Rumble. DC's the most confident fighter in the UFC, with one obvious exception.

Fair enough. Prefer he never gave the word, and he probably gave it because he was confident he could get Brock or Jones at 265lb. Regardless of giving your word, would have been hard to blame a guy at 40 for retiring.

I would have been good with him retiring when he said he would, even though as a Stipe stan naturally I would have preferred Stipe getting his wish for a rematch. But DC chose to delay it, giving as a reason that his injuries had prevented him from winding up his career as neatly as he hoped and he needed a little more time. Or was it because he was still hanging his hopes on Lesnar coming 'round? If that's the case...well I have to view it as a sort of bet that he lost, and whatever result comes of it is his price to pay. Just like I would view Stipe's gambit of waiting for Daniel if it hadn't succeeded, and he ended up with a harder match than he would have gotten had he jumped back in the game sooner.

TS's point is that DC had a good career, and he should have been able to hang it up and ride off into the sunset. He's concerned that DC is staying in the sport longer than is good for him, which is perfectly valid.
No he's acting like DC is imminently going to lose and tarnishing his career by taking the fight.
He's the champ and wants to fight so he fights the best available.
It's that simple.

DC can hang it up whenever he wants. He wants to fight. That's why he is champ. I'm glad he gets to decide if he fights and not 2 fans on the internet scared about his legacy.

I'm a huge DC fan, but I've learned to stop worry too much about whether he's going to win or not if the person across the Octagon from him isn't Jon "Juice" Jones.
DC's better than Stipe in almost every aspect: faster hands, better wrestling, stronger clinch game, better head movement, bigger gas tank. That's no knock against Stipe, it's just facts. There's really no reason DC should lose this fight, unless Stipe is just going to magically stop fighting like Stipe for one night.

Nah

He wants no part of Francis so he lucked out with this matchup

Back