Any other DC fans hate this fight?

Meathead Jock

WAR ASKREN
@Gold
Reaction score
It is a good competitive fight on paper, but I can't help but hate it. DC is one of the nicest down to earth guys in the UFC and he went from getting a money fight with Brock to an absolute dog fight in which his resume gains nothing with a win and loses a lot with a loss.

Wish he was fighting someone like Francis because he isn't going to be able to top his first Stipe win and has a very real chance of being retired in the cage.

With such a nice guy I wish he would have just retired on top.

TLDR... I'm scared DC is going to get knocked out.

As a DC fan I wanted him to get an easier fight and beat a different name. But I am more of a DC fan now because he took the risk to prove again that he is a true GOAT.

Same, it's a risky fight and I don't think it will add anything to DC's legacy. Plus DC looks old as fuck lately whilst Stipe has never been this motivated in his entire life.

If it were up to me he'd have retired in 2018.

Stipe is too technically boring to care about. The fact he sat around and cried for this fight just makes it not that appealing. Shoulda been T-Ferg stepping in, he can make 206

I'm a huge Stipe fan and I guess I'm the exact opposite boat.

I think Stipe is an easier match up for DC than Francis is. Everything Stipe does, DC seems to do a bit better. He's faster with his hands, he's harder to hit, he has better wrestling, he's incredibly durable (never been KO'd with punches), and has fantastic cardio.

Unless Stipe's cardio is unbelievable this fight, I don't see him having much success beyond round 3. In those first 3 rounds he can really do damage to Cormier, but he doesn't have some super advantage over DC like Francis does. Francis has abnormal power and he can KO DC from anywhere aside from his back maybe. Nobody has lasted a full round with this re-born Ngannou

The risk out weighs the reward .... sad to see Stipe rewarded for sitting on his ass

Anyone know why the Brock fight never manifested?

I see the fight as a mismatch
DC does what Steeopic does but better
Plus he's quicker
Plus his pace and cardio is on a different level

Have some faith

smh

How Francis matches up with DC would have been more of a mystery
That's what should put fear into you

I'm a huge Stipe fan and I guess I'm the exact opposite boat.

I think Stipe is an easier match up for DC than Francis is. Everything Stipe does, DC seems to do a bit better. He's faster with his hands, he's harder to hit, he has better wrestling, he's incredibly durable (never been KO'd with punches), and has fantastic cardio.

Unless Stipe's cardio is unbelievable this fight, I don't see him having much success beyond round 3. In those first 3 rounds he can really do damage to Cormier, but he doesn't have some super advantage over DC like Francis does. Francis has abnormal power and he can KO DC from anywhere aside from his back maybe. Nobody has lasted a full round with this re-born Ngannou
Dc takes Francis down and gasses him out

It is a good competitive fight on paper, but I can't help but hate it. DC is one of the nicest down to earth guys in the UFC and he went from getting a money fight with Brock to an absolute dog fight in which his resume gains nothing with a win and loses a lot with a loss.

Wish he was fighting someone like Francis because he isn't going to be able to top his first Stipe win and has a very real chance of being retired in the cage.

With such a nice guy I wish he would have just retired on top.

TLDR... I'm scared DC is going to get knocked out.
I don't hate a single fight DC takes. It just gives me an opportunity to watch him throw down. It has always been glorious, win or lose... and you best believe he is gonna win again on Saturday!

If he beats francis, what does he gain except another win. A loss would be just as bad if not worse than a loss to stipe. Stipe has a win over Francis and DC already has a victory over stipe

I disagree. If he convincingly beats Stipe over the full 5 rounds, then there is no question of his dominance. Or if he beats him by any method other than flash KO to be honest.

This fight has the potential to cement him as the upper weight class GOAT.

Dc takes Francis down and gasses him out

Stipe wrote the blueprint, but not even the best HW wrestlers can follow it.

3NpIn.gif

Cain, who DC claims to be the best UFC HW ever, getting KO'd while going for a TD.

giphy.gif

Why has nobody else been able to do it to Ngannou? JDS, Cain, Blaydes. These aren't bums.

I see the fight as a mismatch
DC does what Steeopic does but better
Plus he's quicker
Plus his pace and cardio is on a different level

Have some faith

smh

How Francis matches up with DC would have been more of a mystery
That's what should put fear into you

I'm not saying Francis would have been easier. Both fights are fairly close to 50/50 but a win would mean more than beating a guy a 2nd time will.

I don't hate this fight but DC vs Big Frank for title is very intriguing.

Back