Any old man strikers in here?

FokaiMuayThai

MOO TAI LEGENDARY
@purple
Reaction score
Been doing MT for over 15 years now, mostly recreationally, go to Thailand often, had a few smokers in the US, fought in a couple festivals/malls, but more a fan/padman/gymrat than a fighter.

Turning 35 mid next year, I've been feeling pretty young and strong up until now but I'm just wondering what to expect in the 40s and 50s if I continue doing Muay Thai?

Any tips, wisdom or stories from the old men out there?

Kinda wondering myself. I turn 40 in january. Have more or less come to peace with the idea of not doing any more pro muay thai fights.

But i will continue to train martial arts at a high level.

I am a dynamic kicker. So i dont know how long into my 40s i can keep going without changing my style.

41 here. Do everything you can to not get injured. Meaning:

If you are going to do a smoker/fight don’t do a camp and push yourself to injury. Just do light cardio and pick easy fights.

Learn to box

Stop kicking hard punch hard instead

Clinch more

Wear those stupid knee pads

Don’t go to expert/sparring classes as much

Teach more

You are not going to be champ but you can still kick young newbies ass. Stay in shape, teach and (becuase you are old) do all this and still be respected.

Kicking hard causes knee, toe and foot injuries that keep you out of training. Injuries last way longer past 40. If you train hard you will only train half the year. The other half you will be broken.

Or.....

TRT you will be young again for a few years

Kicking hard causes knee, toe and foot injuries that keep you out of training. Injuries last way longer past 40. If you train hard you will only train half the year. The other half you will be broken.

Or.....

TRT you will be young again for a few years

<codychoke>

Sorry... being to negative.

You should always spar hard/100%. Do it until you are injured. You will feel like you are alive and satisfied 10% of the year. The rest of the year you will be broken and weak but it will be worth it.

Just bleed! You warrior! Inspire those youngins with your greatness. Never give up!

MK-677, BPC 157, Clomiphene citrate.......

MK-677 on a low dosage 8-10mg a day before bed, to increase HGH levels to more youthful range.
BPC 157 to fix stuff when it goes wrong.
Clomiphene citrate 12.5mg a day, to up Testosterone to more youthful range.

Last edited:
Does that stuff really work? And is it worth the risk for side effects?

A bit tempted. Since i wont be going into the ring anyway. Its not cheating.

Not sure about the legal side of it in norway.

Does that stuff really work? And is it worth the risk for side effects?

A bit tempted. Since i wont be going into the ring anyway. Its not cheating.

Not sure about the legal side of it in norway.

It works for me and the sides are minimal with the dosages I am running, check the research yourself, if you want to give it a go, PM me......

Kinda wondering myself. I turn 40 in january. Have more or less come to peace with the idea of not doing any more pro muay thai fights.

But i will continue to train martial arts at a high level.

I am a dynamic kicker. So i dont know how long into my 40s i can keep going without changing my style.

Have you had any problems caused from kick heavy training? Just curious. I’m 35 and kicking these days seems to always give me some hip issues, probably because I’m not very flexible anymore.
I feel like if I worked on flexibility I might not be injured as much.

Have you had any problems caused from kick heavy training? Just curious. I’m 35 and kicking these days seems to always give me some hip issues, probably because I’m not very flexible anymore.
I feel like if I worked on flexibility I might not be injured as much.
Dude get that old Steven Maxwell dvd set. It's fucking money for joint mobility!

MK-677, BPC 157, Clomiphene citrate.......

MK-677 on a low dosage 8-10mg a day before bed, to increase HGH levels to more youthful range.
BPC 157 to fix stuff when it goes wrong.
Clomiphene citrate 12.5mg a day, to up Testosterone to more youthful range.

what are you guys talking about???

on a side note im 35 and still fighting although sometimes i feel like this may be my final run, but i also said that several runs ago lol.

Im 32 and its taken me 2 weeks to get over being swept hard.

Currently switching to boxing sparring only. No knees, kicks, sweeps, clinching will be better.

Just seems after every kickboxing session I’ve torn something in a hip or an ass cheek.
Even after a solid warm up. I think I’m going past my limits of flexibility while training and then feeling injury’s the next day.

Maybe it’s time for yoga and TRT.

this guy right here was either 40 or 41 at the time we fought i cannot remember. Also my coach is my age, and is in thailand still fighting. I think if you take care of yourself you can fight up until about 40.

24301059_10215781129587600_5849651688778322796_n.jpg

35's not old. I actually started at your age TS, when a Muay Thai and BJJ place opened up where I used to live. Best decision I ever made.

I turned 48 last month, fought in December last year. Fighting in October this year. Just amateur Muay Thai. Probably going to hang em up after 50, but I'll keep training.

My tip would be the obvious stuff, eat right, rest when your body needs it, and stretch. It takes me a good 15 minutes longer than everyone else to warm up properly. But I don't do anything differently than anyone else when it comes to training.

Dude get that old Steven Maxwell dvd set. It's fucking money for joint mobility!

He was once a guest of mine in a hotel. He invited me and a bunch of guys from Mens Health who were following him to a workout. The guy is a bit weird but super nice and very legit. I loved his dinner of 2kg fruits. I was over weight back then and he gave me 2 sets of shorts and told me "your goal is to fit in these"

Back