Any of you stand up guys use caffeine pre workout?

150-200mg of nodoz. Its really cheap, and works for me. I stay away during non training days

15 rounds?

I know. I'm pushing for 20. I'll get there. Every four to five I would take a round off and do some shadowboxing or something.

As far as superpump or coined superdump. I have tried in the past. Spent half my gym time on the can. I thought it had caffeine tho. Like the 5 hour energy shots. They are a gimmick. 1 has 120 mg and the extra has 200 mg. So it's no different than energy drinks

Not in a long time. I'm weighing 270 right now. Been powerlifting for years. Mostly interval training for the cardio up until now. One of the drills we do is 100% above the waist and below the neck. That is great cardio. I need to drop some weight or my knees won't be able to take the pounding. My fight is 3 two minute rounds. My trainer thinks physically I could do it now. But anxiety and shit is a killer so I want to drop some lbs and be in super shape. I'm going to pick up Joel jamiesons book shortly.

You should try to do some long distance running, no hills. First try to do 1 mile each day for a week, then 1.5 for a week, then 2 miles for another week. Keep progressing. Running has helped me endurance wise when I was competing in Taekwondo.We mostly used our legs, so the running portion gave me some leg endurance as well so I wasn't tired after fighting 2-3 people in state competitions in my respective weight division. Powerlifting will give you more muscle mass but it will make you a bit slower and put a great demand on your body for oxygen.

Yeah. I started with martial arts 10 years ago and put more focus on lifting like 5 years ago. Want to do a few comps before my time passes. 31 right now. One thing is that while massing up I've always kept up with martial arts mainly kickboxing and bjj. I probably should start running tho

You should definitely start running. If you are worried about the jitters in your first fight, make a conscious effort to stay relaxed when sparring. I have even been yelled at for yawning in between sparring rounds, but I don't get jittery or nervous.

When I do eat something before a workout, I eat complex carbs and some protein.

Example: Berries or Banana, a couple of hard boiled eggs, some wheat toast with butter.

Works fine for me. I don't why people try to abuse things in order to get "more performance". Your body, if treated right, will perform well on it's own. It builds on itself with the right nutrients. Even when I work out, I don't use supplements outside of maybe a protein/carb drink to help rebuild when I don't feel like going out and getting real food.

in all reality i never get tired during a fight and my endurance is top notch but i have learned from my Olympic coach that you eat a jar of honey before you step into the rind i know it sounds nasty and fatty but in all seriousness it works its like caffeine without the jitters or the tiredness after its done working (which is about 7 hours after you eat it)..try it i promise it works for me

in all reality i never get tired during a fight and my endurance is top notch but i have learned from my Olympic coach that you eat a jar of honey before you step into the rind i know it sounds nasty and fatty but in all seriousness it works its like caffeine without the jitters or the tiredness after its done working (which is about 7 hours after you eat it)..try it i promise it works for me

Plently of people do this, and its to raise bloodsugar, but any type of sugar works fine.

and no, itll prbably last like 3-4 hours depending on insulin sensitivity, and you get a huge crash. Its sugar rush.

Peanutbutter+Jelly+Banana+Honey sandwhich before fight ftw

i'm pretty sure redbull and amp have lots of sugar in them right?

maybe you experienced that crash that happens after you come off a sugar high...try a caffeine supp like 5 hour energy or in pill form technidrine, or a cup of coffee an hour prior to training for the effect you want without the crash.

If you are looking to raise your blood sugar, go with trail mix instead of honey. Fructose, carbs and protein.

I always had some in my gym bag ;)

I drink the sugar free ones. I think the carbonation and the fact I slammed it 5 mins before my workout. I have one fuck of a headache right now tho

Bottom line I was abusing it anyway. I would like to use preworkout only from here on out but you guys bring up some valid points

i guess I'm one of the few that's had success with regular old tea before training.

Back