any of you guys do this kind of training ??

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Nickynoneck, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Nickynoneck

Nickynoneck Purple Belt

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MuuanZoKsfs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MuuanZoKsfs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

looks like it would work your core/tendon strength verywell . and stability while grappling .

2. kyokushinjitsu

kyokushinjitsu Orange Belt

That's nothing compared to what Frank Shamrock does

3. SFinclined

SFinclined Purple Belt

I like it, i've seen it before, with things as small as tennis balls. Shamrock is pretty good at it.

4. BJJ-guy

BJJ-guy Blue Belt

I roll with a buddy of mine that is 250lbs so his stomach is similiar to that ball, interesting workouts, id be interested in trying that out

5. Nickynoneck

Nickynoneck Purple Belt

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UmuU7VNK_UY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UmuU7VNK_UY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_cNvpIamQOE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_cNvpIamQOE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

seems like an excersise you could do if you have a big living room which i have i want t buy soem cheap puzzle mats so i can lay them down and i can do some core and bodyweight excersies and i think this is gonna be one of the things iam gonna be doing .

6. Kakkarot

Kakkarot White Belt

hmmm interesting simulation to keep "flowing" in the movenments...its a good approach imo

7. Kakkarot

Kakkarot White Belt

8. IChinaManI

IChinaManI Green Belt

this is pretty cool. I might try it,

9. TREE_TRUNK

TREE_TRUNK Orange Belt

interesting I wonder how many times it takes to not fly off and land on your ass

10. xbourquex

xbourquex White Belt

Yeah, I do it. "Wax on, wax off." I arrive at the gym early and do 10 minutes before and after my BJJ class, helps me get focused.

11. Nickynoneck

Nickynoneck Purple Belt

must get your body going for ground work twisting and stuff right ?? looks fun to me and the physiotherapists i work with told me its prob one of the best tendon strengthening/blanance excersies they have seen .

12. Nickynoneck

Nickynoneck Purple Belt

iam gonna try it , looks like a good way to practise my gurad pass ( you know the one i tryed at the tournament ) it was working for me at the club against guys like ben and i flipped over jimmy one night when he was there , haha screw working for it just flip over the guy haha .

13. ooitzoo

ooitzoo Purple Belt

umm...psychotherapist?

14. Nickynoneck

Nickynoneck Purple Belt

"physio"therapist ...you the know the guys that know all about this kind of stuff.

15. Nickynoneck

Nickynoneck Purple Belt

little update on this i got a stability ball and started doing it and after 20 mins i was drenched !! works your whole body its great !!

i cant do anythingf or another month because of my shoulder but i can do this and it simulates newaza and works your core my mid section is sore from doing it its great ! blown away by this !

16. Masakatsu Funaki #1

Masakatsu Funaki #1 Black Belt

This combined with some jump roping would make a great warm up.

Kudos

17. Nickynoneck

Nickynoneck Purple Belt

def i did 30 mins of eleptical and resistance training before it and i was sweating but holy crap i got right into it and started to pretend i was grappling pulling off cartwheels and stuff its def something iam gonna keep doing !