Any news on ADCC 2011?

How are they becoming less prestigious? What submission wrestling tournaments even come close to ADCC?

The world pro no gi should be close next year - agreed that the world no gi, pan no gi adn fila worlds are not on that level (Fila Worlds is not really much more than some GQ or NAGA given the broad non participation by any brazilians of note.

Why don't they have ADCC every year anymore? Do they think holding it less often adds to the prestige? My God, these tournaments are losing their prestigious.

It lets new guys come on the scene, plus, I do think it adds some "specialness" to it. It always feels very epic.

There are also injuries and the fact that it's not too organized, it takes so much time to train for, etc. Notice how few of the really big names to the annual No-Gi Mundials. After the first year they did it in 2007, every year the bigger names become fewer and fewer. 2007 was a badass No-Gi Mundial though.

I think there are other reasons it isn't held every year too.

The world pro no gi should be close next year - agreed that the world no gi, pan no gi adn fila worlds are not on that level (Fila Worlds is not really much more than some GQ or NAGA given the broad non participation by any brazilians of note.

At Fila 2008 in Switzerland there were Joao Catisti and Marcelo Salazar

At Fila 2009 in Florida there were Comprido, Novaes, Tavares, Kitober, Azevedo

Only at the 2010 in Poland the Brazilian Team didn't show up (don't know why, since it was the most important competition as it was the trials for Beijing Combat Games).

Not only does it let new talent crop up, but it also gives you two years to work on stuff for it. Like for instance guys who struggled in 50/50 guard have two years to try to figure it out (just my opinion).

Also would the soccer World Cup be as presitgious if you had one every year? Sure it would still mean something, but the fact that you only have a chance to win it once every 4 years makes it so much more special.

From what I heard at the european qualifiers, ADCC 2011 will be held at Las Vegas.

From what I heard at the european qualifiers, ADCC 2011 will be held at Las Vegas.

I've heard this too- and would love it to be true.

However, like I said before, I wouldnt be surprised it the venue and date got changed 2-3 times before it's solidified.

That would be sick. Shit does tend to move around a lot with ADCC though.

Another thing they do is sort of include anyone that they give invites to. So they will say "Fedor, Brock, Big Nog, and Cain" will be competing. And then none of them accept the invite. That bit is frustrating.

I really hope Marcelo Garcia is competing. You would have thought we would have heard something by now. I haven't seen any info from the qualifiers. Also, someone mentioned Lesnar is going? Oh man, I would love to see Marcelo in the Absolute taking on Lesnar. Even if he lost, which is highly likely due to Lesnar's strength, it would be epic. Anyway, I'm really excited for ADCC this year. It is the only grappling tournament I like to watch, and it is still the best.

I really hope Marcelo Garcia is competing. You would have thought we would have heard something by now. I haven't seen any info from the qualifiers. Also, someone mentioned Lesnar is going? Oh man, I would love to see Marcelo in the Absolute taking on Lesnar. Even if he lost, which is highly likely due to Lesnar's strength, it would be epic. Anyway, I'm really excited for ADCC this year. It is the only grappling tournament I like to watch, and it is still the best.

1. It would be a fucking shame to have lesnar in the adcc. adcc is for the best grapplers in the world, not overrated mma fighters.

2. Marcelo would be on brocks back with a rnc sunk in before you know it.

Back