Any kundalini Yoga practioners?

Isn't one of the "side effects" of Kundalini supposed to be the development of Sidhas, or psychic abilities?

Yeah, astral travel, visions, acute senses, powerful physical strength, etc etc.

Some people think it's the next evolutionary step for humans

Yeah, astral travel, visions, acute senses, powerful physical strength, etc etc.

Sounds cool, but too risky for me.

Also, IIRC, people who practice Kundalini believe these type of gifts are actually a distraction from the real aim of raising the, "Serpent Power".

If you dont mind me asking, what made you interested in this?

I'm trying to get back into yoga again and I've just been curious about the different types. It is offered in my area alongside different yoga's and sounded interesting on paper, but I have only done hatha yoga.

I'm trying to make a lot of changes in my life (e.g. changing my diet, hobbies, and I'm trying to move to the mainland US next year) and it's giving me some anxiety so I don't think it would be a good idea.

I believe there's also something called, "Dream Yoga" which is based around the practice of Lucid Dreaming.

I believe there's also something called, "Dream Yoga" which is based around the practice of Lucid Dreaming.

I took some lucid dreaming pills, helps you sleep and have weird dreams. Didn't really feel special though.

Sounds like some super saiyan next level shit! But seriously, this is so crazy and I'm curios to know if guys like Beethoven, Myomoto Musashi, Sensei Oyama, Muhammad Ali, Rickson Gracie, Alexander Kareline or some other athletes have activated their Kundalini to an extent since these guys seem to have some super human abilities in their chosen profession.

Maybe but I doubt it...they would probably lose interest in their sport and quit imo

Edit: someone like beethoven may get super into his music in a weird way but for a sport revolving around hurting others I dont think it would help at all. I would.guess theyd be having breakdowns/start crying in the ring and not want to fight similar to the guy who fought lennox lewis in his rematch after KOing him.

[YT]IjrGcoY2LRo[/YT]

But I thought that this Kundalini activation was also performed by people from all walks of life who were looking to master their art/craft to the highest level including martial artists no?

That's interesting. I should look into that. I've been lucid dreaming, without practice or aids, for as long as I can remember. Just did it one night, as a young child, and have been doing it ever since. Normally happens at least once a week, but varies in intensity. Sometimes I partially lucid dream as well; as in I know it's a dream, but certain aspects of the dream seem uncontrollable or seem off.

Last week I had a dream that I had to kill some bad guys that were shooting up the neighborhood/killing people. I knew it was a dream, but it still took courage to take them on. Knife to the neck of one, and the rest I killed with the gun I took off him. Sometimes though, I get cut or slashed, or can't swing the weapons/my hands, and it's an odd experience that's unpleasant, despite the lucidity of the dream state.

people from all walks of life who are looking to master their art/craft to the highest level may try to activate it with the idea that it will help them in that area, but realistically it might not help at all.

Put it this way, I've seen threads about marijuana being a performance enhancer for sports. I've tried playing floor hockey on marijuana as a teen and I couldn't play worth shit...I was laughing, and it seemed like a ridiculous game and the more serious the other players got, the more hilarious it seemed. Normally I was a good player but on weed I was awful. It's possible I had more stamina etc. but my complete change in perspective changed everything. Maybe someone else would play better high but its kinda like adding a huge variable into the question that may help OR may ruin everything.

Thats crazy if its true, personaly I have been boxing for sometime and I still suck badly, I am thinking I need a dramatic change to reach the next level or I need to just move on to safer hobbies since sparring does add to wear and tear.

Although like Bay Area mentioned, this Kundalini awakning may not be the best option for ppl who have anxiey and are overthinker which is a big part of who I am but I feel like that if I start Qi Gong then it might help me calm down and build the safeguards for Kundalini awakning to take place.

Eitherway, I am at a cross road in life and I need a dramatic change in life. I still love to hear peoples thoughts or experience on it...

Back