Any interesting matchups for Izzy at MW?

Asako

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Cannonier had some sort of a mystique surrounding him at MW, and a win over Whittaker would’ve made a fight with Izzy intriguing. I don’t care for a rematch with Whittaker, if this is a go, Dana better stack this card well.

The state of the MW division:

Costa- Emasculated
Yoel- Disgraced
Edmond - Erased
Till - Disappointment
Cannonier - Human

Considering that Izzy is always looking for the biggest and most interesting fights, I don’t see it at Middleweight. I think Izzy goes up to fight Jan next. Thoughts?

Jesus man. Every big champ looks unbeatable for awhile. The hard part is proving it across several crops of up and comers. Aldo, GSP, Fedor, Silva, Jones, DJ.

If he’s made of legendary stuff he will stay at 185 and dominate for longer than 2 measly fucking years, man!

And if you’re an MMA fan you’ll see the long view.

I think Whittaker rematch would go a lot differently. Bobby was coming back after a long layoff from multiple injuries. Rematch would go bit differently imo.

I think so as well. Izzy would likely still win but I don't think it would be so easy.

Kind of crazy because MW felt stacked at the top not too long ago but Izzy has already cleaned the division.

The only interesting fresh challenge is Jack if he beats Till, and it's truly not that interesting just kind of wins by default. If Till beats Jack it kind of lacks interest because we saw Rob beat Till and that fight also makes me feel like Izzy/Till would either be a domination by Izzy or a boring match that Izzy still wins. Not that interesting.

Rob is the most deserving and interesting rematch and while I think he can put on a much better fight, its still not that hype and I still think Izzy wins.

I wouldn't blame Izzy for just dominating the division but I would love to see him move up to LHW. Honestly he's got a good shot at being Jan.

Seriously? That guy would get destroyed at MW. Whittaker would pick that guy apart with ease.
Dont underrate Khamzat though...Whit is way more proven.

Edwards fight will show how good Chimaev really is. I love these definite statements..."ease"

Dont underrate Khamzat though...Whit is way more proven.

Edwards fight will show how good Chimaev really is. I love these definite statements..."ease"
Massive difference between WW and MW mate, I'm not convinced Chimaev even beats Edwards let alone elite talent at 185. If he loses it will be funny to see all those fair weather fanboys abandon him as quickly as possible.

I think so as well. Izzy would likely still win but I don't think it would be so easy.
yeah, robert also fought pretty silly that fight.. just throwing one strrike at a time and no combos and he had shit movement.

the bobby that faced till and cannonier looked nothing like that.

Massive difference between WW and MW mate, I'm not convinced Chimaev even beats Edwards let alone elite talent at 185. If he loses it will be funny to see all those fair weather fanboys abandon him as quickly as possible.

We shall wait and see...only time will tell

Not an izzy matchup but I think 5 rounds of any combination of costa, cannonier, and Whittaker would be fun.

If Joaquin Buckley can get a couple more wins, he could be the next upcoming challenger.

If he wins 2 more times with finishes his KO of the year kick will serve well as a highlight reel when the UFC has to make a promo for it.

Cannonier had some sort of a mystique surrounding him at MW, and a win over Whittaker would’ve made a fight with Izzy intriguing. I don’t care for a rematch with Whittaker, if this is a go, Dana better stack this card well.

The state of the MW division:

Costa- Emasculated
Yoel- Disgraced
Edmond - Erased
Till - Disappointment
Cannonier - Human

Considering that Izzy is always looking for the biggest and most interesting fights, I don’t see it at Middleweight. I think Izzy goes up to fight Jan next. Thoughts?
Yeah, Whittaker

By Whittakers interview he seems happy to let Izzy go up to lhw and wiping out contenders while Izzy chases lhw and Jones . I'm pretty happy with that I must admit

Back