Any interest in Pacquiao-Marquez III at 140lbs?

140 wouldn't be a big deal to JMM. I don't know why people think it would when he already weighs over 140 on fight night

well jmm gave pacman all the trouble in the world and some say he beat pac both times...now its clear pacman would absolutly destroy jmm. its quite interesting how that works....

The question is at what weight class? I think Pacs camp wouldn't take the fight at 140 or 135 either.

It's a great fight. Pacquiao hasn't gotten much bigger and could still go down to 135, but I doubt it there's much difference if it's at 140. I think Pacquiao has become a more complete fighter over the last few years and could beat Marquez convincingly, but it's still a very competitive fight, a lot of action, and one that should happen.

If Mayweather doesn't fight Manny next spring, it's the fight that makes the most sense for Pacquiao. He beat Cotto too badly for there to be interest in a rematch, Berto hasn't proved anything to get the fight, I think Mosley should look into retiring, and he would wreck any of the young guys at 140, possibly derailing potentially great careers for them.

if marquez gets the fight its gotta be at 140. pacquiao is literally force fed to make 147... and he still comes under. im sure he can make 140 no problem.

marquez fought at 144... why not 140?

Much more interested in JMM than for example Margarito. Pac shouldn't fight these slower fighters anyway, they're not competetive against Pacquiao and they are not a good preparation for the real match vs Mayweather. Out of Clottey, Cotto and Margarito, Cotto is the difficult fight.

So JMM at 135 would be nice (and I don't believe Roach when he talks about Pacquiao's weight).

Marquez would struggle at 140. Look at how crappy he looked against Mayweather. The man is in his mid 30s. I don't think making weight jumps would be in his best interest.

I wouldn't use a fight with Mayweather as a barometer for judging whether to jump weight classes. Everyone (outside of maybe Castillo in their first fight) has looked bad against Floyd.

I wouldn't use a fight with Mayweather as a barometer for judging whether to jump weight classes. Everyone (outside of maybe Castillo in their first fight) has looked bad against Floyd.

I realize that Mayweather played a big part in the fact that Marquez looked awful in that fight but I hope you're not denying the fact that Marquez looked slow and bloated. He was not comfortable with that weight. That much was obvious.

No interest whatsoever...move on.

Did you just remember you had a sherdog account?
Less than 200 posts since 2004??

Thread starter better be very happy that he was able to get a response out of you:wink:

Did you just remember you had a sherdog account?
Less than 200 posts since 2004??

Thread starter better be very happy that he was able to get a response out of you:wink:

Hey MC, its a bit tumble-weedy over here.. some interesting news on Roger Huerta over in the Heavies. The boy done good, check it out if you're unaware.

I realize that Mayweather played a big part in the fact that Marquez looked awful in that fight but I hope you're not denying the fact that Marquez looked slow and bloated. He was not comfortable with that weight. That much was obvious.

No doubt, Marquez is not made for welterweight, or whatever catch weight it was at (144lbs?). But at 140lbs, he might do alright.

another marquez fight would be far better than the clottey one, minus the bang bang bang of course

I'm up for it. I wouldn't mind seeing it as the last fight for both fighters.

I would like to see this fight, I think after how the first two went it would be nice to see a clear winner

its alright i will watch it if it happens but im not gonna beg for it.

I had Pacquiao winning the 1st fight by 2 points and Marquez winning the 2nd fight by 1 round...I would love to see it because I just can't stand Marquez and his whining...Pac needs to shut his ass up once and for all...

No doubt, Marquez is not made for welterweight, or whatever catch weight it was at (144lbs?). But at 140lbs, he might do alright.

He came in at 142 for the fight even though the fight was at a catch weight. I'm saying that it's a stretch to fight at 140 even.

It won't happen because Marquez schools Pacquiao every time and loses because of lucky knockdowns.

I want this fight very much. Pac and JMM are my favorate fighters and they had 2 amazing fights that imo were probably the best of the decade, lets see a third.

Back