Any gym besides Terrells in Santa Rosa?

• Thread starter Deleted member 56619
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 56619

I train at SLO Kickboxing right now but will transfer to Sonoma State at years end. Only gym i can find in Santa Rosa is Terrells, basicaly it has 1 class of each a day and you pay $175 a month. This is way too expensive for only having the option of 1 class per day. All help is appreciated.
P.S. I checkd the gym directorys and didnt find anything.

DAMN!!! My woman wants us to move to the Santa Rosa - Guerneville area. $175 a month is ridiculous!!

I didn't realize Dave's gym was that expensive. As for the only one class a day...I don't think many people would be able to handle more than one. They're pretty hardcore, although I hear Fairtex in SF may be catching up to them (or their softening, not sure which).

thats really the only legit MMA school in Santa Rosa.

Your other options would be San Francisco (Fairtex) or Concord (Ceasar Gracie). If there is anything closer I ahve never heard of it.

As for lairdog - do you know what Guerneville is best known for?

ChinBo37 said:
As for lairdog - do you know what Guerneville is best known for?

Do I want to know? I hope you're going to reply with something positive.

unfortunately no, I am from Santa Rosa and Guerneville is a neighboring small river-town. It is mostly known across teh west cost as a mostly Gay and Lesbian community. Most of the :eek::eek::eek:s from SF vacation up there too, it is basically the laughing stock of the entire hetero-county.

All through high school people who were from Guereneville got made fun of, even if they werent gay.

But if that doesnt bother you than im sure its not that big of a deal, its prob about 15-20 min (maybe 30) to Terrell's school.

Geeez, I'm not a homophobe, but an excess of gay would be bothersome. My woman is a State Park Ranger and she may be offered a job @ the Armstrong Redwoods Park. If she accepts than we would be able to live in the Park (ranger housing) and our rent would be extremely cheap, about $100 a month. I may have to get a t-shirt made that says "I'm not Gay Fucker!!" or something.

Well thanks for the help guys, a bit discouraging. And i didnt mean i would want to take more than 1 class a day Highlander, i meant there is only 1 BJJ class per day and 1 Muy Thai every other day or sumthin like that. SLO Kickboxing has a few per day usualy. ANyway, is there any grappling clubs or anything like that in Santa Rosa, a cheaper alternative?

lairdog said:
Geeez, I'm not a homophobe, but an excess of gay would be bothersome. My woman is a State Park Ranger and she may be offered a job @ the Armstrong Redwoods Park. If she accepts than we would be able to live in the Park (ranger housing) and our rent would be extremely cheap, about $100 a month. I may have to get a t-shirt made that says "I'm not Gay Fucker!!" or something.

At $100 you could actually afford Terrell's school!!

Terrell's school is $125 for BJJ Monday, Wednesday, and Friday nights, and Tuesday and Thursday mornings, as well as open mat on the weekends for a few hours and kickboxing 2-3 times a week.

Butmonkey thats what it was last time i checked their site, i just rechecked today and it is changed. I hope you are right and the site is wrong but i dont think it is.

If anyone in that area is looking for good, affordable training, they hould PM me. A friend of mine own a school in Petaluma, and his rates are very reasonable. He is certified under Paul Vunak and has much to offer. Right now he specializes in JKD, Muat Thai, Boxing, and good old dirty street fighting. But he is looking to add a cage and start exploring the MMA world soon. He can make a good fighter out of just about anyone. Hit me up for details.

Check in San Rafael in Marin Co...yahoo search revealed a bunch of martial arts academies and 1 BJJ school that I know nothing of

ChinBo37 said:
unfortunately no, I am from Santa Rosa and Guerneville is a neighboring small river-town. It is mostly known across teh west cost as a mostly Gay and Lesbian community. Most of the :eek::eek::eek:s from SF vacation up there too, it is basically the laughing stock of the entire hetero-county.

All through high school people who were from Guereneville got made fun of, even if they werent gay.

But if that doesnt bother you than im sure its not that big of a deal, its prob about 15-20 min (maybe 30) to Terrell's school.

Damn, that sucks for Lairdog, haha. There's an area of San Diego like that, Hillcrest. So, for anyone looking to move over to San Diego steer clear of Hillcrest. Unless, of course, you're into that kinda thing. There's even a commercial for a Hillcrest hardware store featuring guys in drag.

Oh, you're right. When the kickboxing coach first arrived it was simply a free add-on to the $125 BJJ package. I guess they're charging for it now.

PHAS3 is a really good option in Santa Rosa. Best MMA school I've come across. Ben Brown over there is the real deal. Can't recommend them enough.

unfortunately no, I am from Santa Rosa and Guerneville is a neighboring small river-town. It is mostly known across teh west cost as a mostly Gay and Lesbian community. Most of the ***s from SF vacation up there too, it is basically the laughing stock of the entire hetero-county.

When good threads go to sh!t.:icon_neut

But he is looking to add a cage and start exploring the MMA world soon.
That and a shiny new sign is really all it takes these days.......:redface:

He can make a good fighter out of just about anyone. Hit me up for details.

Source?

**if i am being a d!ck its only because im still mad at the gay bashers in here**:D

I went to SSU well over a decade ago.The female-male ratio was ridiculous because of the teaching program..That said, there is a Gracie-Barra school right in Rohnert Park. http://www.billbjj.com/

That said,I highly recommend Dave Terrell.Its all no gi,but the training is great.They train really hard there and physically being able to do more than one class a day isn't likely.They have a number on real serious guys there and I will assume that a few guys there roll in "unofficial" open mats. If I took 2 guys of equal talent, sent one to Dave's and one to another average BJJ school and they trained equally,I'd put money on the guy from Dave's tapping the other guy.Additionally,once you are in the Graciefighter system you can come roll at any Graciefighter school.That means you can come to Concord to train at Cesar's in Pleasant Hill,go to SF for the new school or even Caio Terra's in San Jose.Train weekdays at Terrell's and weekends at Cesar's is my suggestion.

Back