Any good S&C for MMA DVD's?

Rayess

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Plenty of amazing BJJ/Wrestling/Striking DVD's from the best of the best in the game.

What about S&C?

For strength and conditioning there's not a one size fits all program. I'm sure there's plenty of program that will treat it that way but for a quality program is going to be based off your strengths and weakness as well as the demands of the sport. When I was fighting my coach would put me through a series of tests to see everything from range of motion to muscle weakness, stamina etc. That facility put all athletes through this program as a baseline. There were professional athletes of all sports so the program would reflect on what the individual needs as well as what is important for the sport

I know that's not the answer you were looking for but unfortunately you can't copy and paste someone else's program and expect to benefit the same. Id highly recommend download the episode of JRE with Nick curson, RDA's s+c coach. Joe tried to ask what he'd recommend a fighter and he trys to explain how measurements. He also mentioned how the marinavich's trained bj Penn. He had him do his training with a heart rate monitor and found out where he was getting tired quicker and put together a program accordingly

I am actually finishing a series of ebooks on the topic

Just go on YouTube and search “MMA workout” you will find tons of high level guys using weighted vests, tire flips, battle ropes, kettlebells, running, pushups, band exercises.

I am actually finishing a series of ebooks on the topic

I think I have a pending friend request from you on FB lol
What are your credentials, can you do a quick elevator pitch on what your eBook covers?

My Scientific Qualifications

In 2017, I graduated with a 4.0 grade point average for a Master of Science in Human Physiology: Sports Performance & Cardiac Rehabilitation tracks at Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti, Michigan. For my thesis project, I conducted scholarly research on how the method of strength training influences the bilateral force deficit. After I completed my research, I was selected to present my research findings at Midwest American College of Sports Medicine on November 10th, 2017 in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Shortly afterwards, I was invited to present my research once again at the American College of Sports Medicine conference on June 1st, 2018 in Minneapolis, Minnesota alongside some of the world’s leading researchers in the field of sports performance. Currently, I am working on my Ph.D. in human physiology and exercise biochemistry the University of Western Ontario. My research interests are as follows: high-intensity-interval training, performance physiology for combat athletes (e.g, wrestling, Mixed Martial Arts, boxing, kickboxers, judo), biochemistry of exercise, and strength and power development for athletes.

Before that, I trained MMA athletes for 7 years along side former greco roman wrestling assistant coach for team USA Steve Goss and former Bellator athlete John Schulz at New Body Health and Fitness. Before all of that, I trained with guys like Robson Moura 2nd degree black black Bobby Hughes in Tampa bay, who I thanked in my ebook for teaching me how to train. I been around grappling and striking for a very long time.

Last edited:
FYI, you cannot train at high intensities with heavy weight all the time unless you are on a bunch of performance enhancers. If you do NOT understand how to properly rotate your exercises and volume, two things are going to happen 1) you will not reach your genetic potential 2) you will dramatically increase your risk of injury. Before I forget, for my facebook forum listed below, I am not the only sports performance Ph.D. managing the group and the various other groups that I set up to provide free information for combat athletes based on science. Also, my good friend Rick Buehn Jr is on there and he has a masters in sports performance from the University of Florida, has worked with NFL, NBA, and other world class athletes.

Last edited:
Back