any good rickson gracie technique out there?

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
last 6 months i really changed my strategy on how i apply top game for grappling in trying to take mount whenever possible and either sub from it or take the back off bottom guy scrambling to escape

which was ricksons game to mount armlock or take the back and choke

so far iv only seen him doing self defense stuff curious if he has any vids of himself going over good details on his mount control ect even who im under relson who doesnt allow people to film at his seminars has some techs on youtube so id think rickson should somewhere online

rickson isnt fighting today he isnt big on competition at all so why not make a dvd series? he could easily charge what gordan ryan is and people would buy it out of sheer curiosity

from what his brother tells me he felt rickson is vastly overrated due to him being marketable i really wana see what makes him so different than the others

Rickson is a totally legit fighter. He was popular in an age before cameras existed.

I've studied Rickson a lot. From what he's said, to what others have said about him, to what I've seen, to trying to understand the general evolution of martial arts and his place in that evolution.

What I got from him conceptually. Weight distribution. Anticipation of reaction-- setting traps in other words. Riding lightly. Not imposing will so much as getting to the perfect holding position and waiting for the inevitable mistake.

Technically: his use of the gift wrap and his set-up for it were and remain top knotch. See Funaki and Duarte beach fight.
Armbars lol. They say Rickson by armbar for a reason. His mount to s mount to armbar fluidity is spot on. Just watch it about five hundred times.

Also, say what you will. He beat Zulu when he was 18. People shit on Zulu but who was better back then? Straight up, love him or hate him that's some savage shit. Zulu was a beast.

I've studied Rickson a lot. From what he's said, to what others have said about him, to what I've seen, to trying to understand the general evolution of martial arts and his place in that evolution.

What I got from him conceptually. Weight distribution. Anticipation of reaction-- setting traps in other words. Riding lightly. Not imposing will so much as getting to the perfect holding position and waiting for the inevitable mistake.

Technically: his use of the gift wrap and his set-up for it were and remain top knotch. See Funaki and Duarte beach fight.
Armbars lol. They say Rickson by armbar for a reason. His mount to s mount to armbar fluidity is spot on. Just watch it about five hundred times.

Also, say what you will. He beat Zulu when he was 18. People shit on Zulu but who was better back then? Straight up, love him or hate him that's some savage shit. Zulu was a beast.

people say all kinds of shit about royce too, but i can promise you no blue belt on planet earth was taking out ken shamrock or dan severn in NHB-revisionist history for sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back