any good places to train in london?

uniquesil

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi.

I am moving to london in a few weeks and want to start training there. I am a complete newbie but want to train in mma with the aim of having a few fights. I have heard about London Shootfighters but was wondering if anyone else on here has any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

For BJJ, this map should cover most clubs (though I'm still looking for additions, if anybody knows of other locations I've missed). As I train there, I'd definitely recommend the Roger Gracie Academy for groundwork, but if you want MMA, you might get more out of London Shootfighters. Though there are a few MMA fighters training at RGA, most notably Roger Gracie (1-0) himself and Goran Reljic (7-0).

thanks for your help. I might be better off going to roger gracie and finding somewhere else to do some muay thai at maybe? I like th elook of london shootfighters but a few people have questioned their credentials so I am a bit concerned.

What do you mean questioned there credentials? London Shootfighters is the home to numorious pro fights involved with Cage Rage and other shows and all so seem to do pretty well at No Gi competitions like Urban Gorillaz, Mustafa Al-Turk trains there and competed at the 2005 ADCC championships.

thanks for your help. I might be better off going to roger gracie and finding somewhere else to do some muay thai at maybe? I like th elook of london shootfighters but a few people have questioned their credentials so I am a bit concerned.

I don't think you need to worry about London Shootfighters credentials: I only hear good things about them, high quality training. I've never trained there myself, though.

RGA is awesome, but the one warning I'd give you is that its pricey -

Roger Gracie Baby!!!

I moved to London about 7 mos ago. Here is my thread on the topic.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=607467

Your choices are:

Roger Gracie (Ladbroke Grove)
Carlson Gracie (Hammersmith)
London Shootfighters (Ladimer Road)
London Fight Factory (Embankment I think??)
BudoWai (Chelsea)

Not sure if I've missed a few but should be enough to get started.

Oh BTW, where are you from? Have you trained before?

http://www.rogergracie.com/

Then find a club to do MMA/boxing/thai separate in my opinion.

A few pro MMA fighters around birmingham are training at braulios now, i think that if you want to be the best you need to learn from the best, even if that means going to different gyms.

Unless you can find an MMA gym with world class strikers and grapplers, of course. but it's not so easy to come across those in the UK.

thanks everybody for your help. I am sure I will be able to find some great places with the above mentioned. I am form australia. I have not trained at any significant gyms before, I have done some muay thai but nothing to really mention.

Back