Any forums/message boards that you're part of?

Bodybuilding forums
Blowout Sports Card forum

Sherdawg is the only lady for me. I've only ever occasionally looked at other forums and usually to find specific information, like when I helped someone at work fix his Jeep by digging through car forums (don't remember what one I found the solution on).

As an aside, my prediction for the first Diaz/Conor fight got posted on Reddit. Forget how I found the link, was accidental. Still pat myself on the back for that one, lol.

I'm looking for a good movie forum.

I'll never forgive IMDB for getting rid of their forums. Yeah they were unmoderated, yeah they had problems, but they were really fucking good for people who wanted to discuss specific movies. You could drop a question on a specific movies message board and 6 months later somebody would come by with the answer. Shit didnt get buried like it does on traditional forums or Reddit (which is extremely overzealously moderated on most subreddits).
I'm not even being hyperbolic here, deleting those boards was the biggest crime committed against cinema. I know new movies had straight up wars and wipe outs on them (Expendables boards were a war zone), but all the hundreds of thousands of older movies that were on there, the discussions that kept developing during dozens of years, so many people sharing their experiences and connecting over a piece of art... And yet they wiped it.

And for what? A text based forum costs nothing to them. Well, they wanted to introduce their "feminist" rating which they feared would get a backlash, that, ultimately, went nowhere + some pussy actors complained about being trashed there, so they shut it down. Which, fine, whatever, most actor boards were 5% good conversation, 95% "S/He's not that tall", "Is he gay?", "Doesn't look pretty anymore". So yeah, close those, if their egos can't handle it. But the rest of the stuff... man, you could go to a fucking "Invisible Man" (1933) message board and end up chatting up with some 90 year old movie enthusiast who saw it in the theaters. Good shit.

I think https://filmboards.com/ tried to salvage an archive of it, but it's more of a time machine and a shell of what IMDB boards were.

Anyways, most forums I visited ended up getting shut down or moved to facebook. Sherdog's the last of the Mohicans.

Used to post on a few sports boards but no longer really active on either of them.

I have a few subreddits (not any of the front page crap ones) that I browse out of boredom alongside Twitter on my phone and am on quite a few Discord servers. But in terms of actual messageboards this is the only one I regularly spend any time on anymore.

I'm not even being hyperbolic here, deleting those boards was the biggest crime committed against cinema. I know new movies had straight up wars and wipe outs on them (Expendables boards were a war zone), but all the hundreds of thousands of older movies that were on there, the discussions that kept developing during dozens of years, so many people sharing their experiences and connecting over a piece of art... And yet they wiped it.

And for what? A text based forum costs nothing to them. Well, they wanted to introduce their "feminist" rating which they feared would get a backlash, that, ultimately, went nowhere + some pussy actors complained about being trashed there, so they shut it down. Which, fine, whatever, most actor boards were 5% good conversation, 95% "S/He's not that tall", "Is he gay?", "Doesn't look pretty anymore". So yeah, close those, if their egos can't handle it. But the rest of the stuff... man, you could go to a fucking "Invisible Man" (1933) message board and end up chatting up with some 90 year old movie enthusiast who saw it in the theaters. Good shit.

I think https://filmboards.com/ tried to salvage an archive of it, but it's more of a time machine and a shell of what IMDB boards were.

Anyways, most forums I visited ended up getting shut down or moved to facebook. Sherdog's the last of the Mohicans.

I keep trying to tell Sherdog to make a seperate movies subforum. Then we could get some real deep dives going. Music has a seperate forum so not sure why movies dont since like half the posts in mayberry are about movies. I bet theyd get more ppl signing up too just to be a part of the movie sub.

I visit subreddits like no sleep or the truth is here
Occasionally.
I visit cowboys zone but , that place is full of homer douchebags who literally think the cowboys are going to win the super bowl every year.
I usually visit and post in the Mayberry lounge but sometimes visit other sherdog subgroups when the Mayberry is in a lull or full of threads that are..................let's just say less than stellar

I keep trying to tell Sherdog to make a seperate movies subforum. Then we could get some real deep dives going. Music has a seperate forum so not sure why movies dont since like half the posts in mayberry are about movies. I bet theyd get more ppl signing up too just to be a part of the movie sub.
Good point. Especially cause the Music sub forum is a baron wasteland. Movie forum would be popping. Everyone would find out how great Crank is.

Its kinda sad reddit ruined many good forums. I was never fan of reddit design or style.

Fwappedinstead, Turkish cat mafia, ot refugees, zagbief forums, the off banter, xerq

Multiple different forums inside of Reddit.
Youtube comment sections not really forums but I post on videos there often.
A St. Louis Cardinals forum.

Sherdog & Sherdog only 4 me

Back