Any fighters who don't cut weight?

Eli1015

Martial Artist
@Brown
Reaction score
And when I say cut weight I mean cutting water weight the day before. Any fighters in the UFC or any MMA org. Fight at there natural weight? I feel like maybe Carlos condit didn't cut much weight to 170. He's really lean and tall. I guess technically conor at 170 since he weighed in at only 167. Probably Frankie Edgar at 155. Any others you can think of?

I've heard several fighters say they don't really cut weight recently either on the MMA hour or through Luke Thomas but now I'm drawing a blank. I know Luke Rockhold says he walks around 200-208lbs and by fight week is like 194lbs from just good dieting and hard training, not skipping meals. So Rockhold, one of the largest MW's doesn't really cut weight.

Garbrandt recently said he doesn't really cut weight, walks around 143-147lbs.

Kelvin Gastelum was on the record saying he cuts no weight to make 185lbs recently.

At 185 I feel he cuts like maybe 5-10 pounds.

No he doesn't. He cuts 0 water weight, he just recently said he doesn't have to cut to make 185lbs. When Ariel rephrased the question for him to clarify he said " yes I make 185lbs just from hard training and a proper diet, I eat plenty too".

No he doesn't. He cuts 0 water weight, he just recently said he doesn't have to cut to make 185lbs. When Ariel rephrased the question for him to clarify he said " yes I make 185lbs just from hard training and a proper diet, I eat plenty too".
If that's the case I don't get how he missed weight at 170 so much. Like Woodley has said he walks around at like 205 and never misses weight at 170.

Frankie? Maybe Lyoto at 205 back in the day?

Couture Machida and Silva at lhw - 204 lbs 203lbs, 197lbs

Hendo at HW against Fedor. I remember he was drinking something on the scale to gain weight.

Anderson didnt really have to cut weight for 205

If that's the case I don't get how he missed weight at 170 so much. Like Woodley has said he walks around at like 205 and never misses weight at 170.

Kelvin misses weight for the same reason a lot of fighters do, they get out of shape inbetween camps and have poor diets. Fighters live such stringent lifestyles that once they're done with a camp and the fight is over, the binge and revert to a undisciplined life until they get the next call, think about Poirier's drawer of candy or Masvidal's addiction to fast food? Masvidal isn't a 190lb man but he gets his little pot belly and bloats up to that heavy. Most guys aren't cutting more than 10-15lbs of water the week of. Most fighters are not as big as their walk around weight may suggest either.

Have you never realized body builders, athletes in other sports that don't cut weight, actors etc are like 5'10 172lbs and dwarf a guy like McGregor? Tony Ferguson says he walks around 200lbs, do you really think Tony is bigger than 6'4 80in reach Michael Phelps who is 194lbs? People say McGregor is 175, some even say 180....Man Cristiano Ronaldo is only 174 and he makes McNugget look tiny. There's a lot of factors.

Kelvin misses weight for the same reason a lot of fighters do, they get out of shape inbetween camps and have poor diets. Fighters live such stringent lifestyles that once they're done with a camp and the fight is over, the binge and revert to a undisciplined life until they get the next call, think about Poirier's drawer of candy or Masvidal's addiction to fast food? Masvidal isn't a 190lb man but he gets his little pot belly and bloats up to that heavy. Most guys aren't cutting more than 10-15lbs of water the week of. Most fighters are not as big as their walk around weight may suggest either.

Have you never realized body builders, athletes in other sports that don't cut weight, actors etc are like 5'10 172lbs and dwarf a guy like McGregor? Tony Ferguson says he walks around 200lbs, do you really think Tony is bigger than 6'4 80in reach Michael Phelps who is 194lbs? People say McGregor is 175, some even say 180....Man Cristiano Ronaldo is only 174 and he makes McNugget look tiny. There's a lot of factors.
Lol Ferguson is so skinny, that 200lbs figure is stupid, you'd have to be a sucker (or Joe Rogan) to believe that shit.

Hendo at HW against Fedor. I remember he was drinking something on the scale to gain weight.

Anderson didnt really have to cut weight for 205

Anderson hardly cut to make 185lbs, he used to talk about walking around in the 190s. When he got older he clearly began to carry more fat inbetween camps the famous "Anderson is 220lbs" he had a big gut on the beach. Wasn't Anderson like a soft, out of shape 203lbs off the couch with 0 weight cutting for Cormier? Lyoto cut no weight to make 205lbs, probably didn't cut much weight at all to make 185lbs either when you look at how ripped he was he lost a significant amount of body fat when he went down to 185lbs.

All the fighters in ONE Championship, where cutting weight is banned.

Lol Ferguson is so skinny, that 200lbs figure is stupid, you'd have to be a sucker (or Joe Rogan) to believe that shit.

You'd be surprised how many Sherdogger's say " TONY FERGUSON IS 200LBS BRO, CUTS 45LBS OF WATER". People are idiots, don't underestimate that.

Though he's not an MMA fighter, I think it's relevant that Olympic Wrestling Gold Medalist Kurt Angle didn't cut weight. He believes cutting weight weakens athletes.

Though he's not an MMA fighter, I think it's relevant that Olympic Wrestling Gold Medalist Kurt Angle didn't cut weight. He believes cutting weight weakens athletes.
I agree with his sentiment. I hate weight cutting so bad.

Cutting weight is less relevant the higher up in weight you go. Kurt may not have had the luxury of such ideals if he were a smaller man, competing in lower divisions.

This guy is 5'10 190lbs 0 weight cut, around 8% body fat
good-doesnt-cut-it.jpg

vs
Khabib allegedly 194lbs and cuts 40lbs of water?
636145845282019449-USP-MMA-UFC-205-NURMAGOMEDOV-VS-JOHNSON-86664606.JPG

I don't know....

Back