Any Fighter who has potential to beat Jon Jones?

Nobody. Not for 2 era's of fighting.

He's the GOAT for a reason

So why doesn’t he move up and prove it instead of yapping about it every day? Jones vs Stipe would be a high paying super fight but Jones doesn’t want to get in a fight where he doesn’t have a huge size advantage. And he doesn’t want to taste the right hand of a hard hitting HW. Let some HWs test out his ‘solid’ chin. Jones is all talk unless he’s fighting a MW.
Just because I feel he would beat those fighters, doesn’t mean I think he’s got the balls to take the risk. I simply feel if he did move up, he would likely still not lose.

To be fair, he does not weigh more than other lhw, but I still would respect him much more if he moved up and challenged himself.

Well many thought Santos beat him - me included.

Santos (limped out) on his own from his injury (freak injury that had nothing to do with jon) while jon was carried out from the damage Santos did to him.

If jon is no longer pulsing there are plenty of fighters at 205 and HW I'd pick over him.

Stylebender will beat him and then everyone will undermine him saying he won against an out of prime Jones

Corey Anderson looks like the one who's the toughest matchup. Can see him getting a decision. But I think someone winning 3 rounds against Jones is much more likely than someone finishing him. More KO artists have tried and failed to beat Jones and the point fighters he's faced(like DC or Machida) were mostly just too small to keep the pressure on to win multiple rounds.

A larger wrestler like Phil Davis or Corey Anderson could give Jones problems seeing how Gus a wrestling noob(Phil Davis trained him in 2012 and 2013) who was Jones's size was able to take him down while DC an Olympian wrestler who was 6 inches shorter was outgrappled. Think Jones size gives him the biggest edge grappling he's not the most skilled grappler(though he's clearly better), and a superior grappler his size is something we haven't seen him face. The UFC has tended to give fighters shots who are trying to KO Jones and Jones shuts them down, again and again.

Difference between finishing and getting a decision. Generally speaking the elite LHW's now haven't shown enough to be able to answer this. If I knew one of them was going to upset Jones and I had to guess I'd guess Rakic.

I think I read somewhere that Deron Winn is moving back up to 205 because of his weight cutting problems. So he's the guy to beat Jones.

Stylebender will beat him and then everyone will undermine him saying he won against an out of prime Jones

Like to see that fight as Im one that believes JJ is on his downturn (cycle?) but could also see him get really motivated against a guy like Israel

Israel could move up and beat him silly right now. Jones is on the downside. Losing that twitchy speed that Israel has in spades.

Jones is almost unstoppable either way. DC didn't drain himself out of the goodness of his heart, he believed it was best for him. They don't make these decisions randomly, they do what's best for them

No.
He cut to LHW to avoid fighting his teammate Cain Velasquez.
DC said himself he prefers HW.

^^^^^^^^^This

Reyes is the real deal. Don't be shocked when he KOs Jones.
6da.gif

I was saying he has a chance, I don’t want jones to be defeated, if it does happen not by KO/TKO at least,
giphy.gif

Jon Jones is the Lance Armstrong of MMA. Understand? Still there junkies?

Sorry I don't have hope for Dominick Reyes, who should've fought Gus or Thiago first. He's young and inexperienced. He relies on his left hand for KO. Similar to Conor Mcgregor's strategy. But Jon Jones has a great chin.
But... but... Reyes played sports in school.

Lol, highly unlikely. Weird that of all the guys with failed tests/ legal steroid use (TRT) DC has fought only Jones managed to beat. Why didn't the "special roids" help any of them?

Why haven't Cheal, Vitor, Baroni, Barnett or the countless others known to have been walking pharmacies ever held major titles or dominated their divisions for years and years? Steroids apparently being all it took for Jon to do it and all? Something just doesn't add up here....
Then why take it in the first place? It's called PERFORMANCE ENHANCING for a reason.

At LHW, it's simply a matter of time till somebody takes him out. Mind you, it's gonna be a looooonnnnggggg time. At HW, there are a few beasts I can see giving him issues like Stipe, Volkov, Blaydes, Werdum (if he ever comes back in the same form he had at his peak), and Overeem. The thing with Jonny is he doesn't pack that much of a whallop so even the chinny HW's with power can throw on him with confidence and Jonny's solid chin does not want any of that HW firepower. It'd be interesting to see how his grappling translates at HW as well, and if he can still be that dominant 'rassler against guys with 20-30 pounds on him.

Basically what I'm saying is I really want Bones to get his ass to HW so we can see some new intriguing fights.
You forgot Ngannou.

Back