Rumored Any fighter puts hands on another fighter the fight is off + 6-month suspension, no questions asked.

Sounds fake, but it's a good idea.

I think it would be better to take like 30% of the purse like missing weight. If a guy gets injured then do the suspension.

It's either that or just don't let the fighters get face to face like that. Make sure you have security on stage specially for the task of if they cross a certain point during the stand off they step between. That way you can still have them jawing at each other while security "holds them back". Most of the contact is end of the day harmless it seems. But yeah you can't have moment like Klose/Stephens where a guy legitmately loses his chance to compete at no fault of his own because his opponent decided to be a hot head at the weigh ins. If any of that tweet is actually true that is. Could be wolf tickets.

Doubt it. Imagine if two big names lose their cool and put their hands on each other. UFC would lose a shit load of money.

That makes way too much sense

what it means is

“if you are not the main or the co-main or someone stupid like Sean O’Malley that Danar gets a boner for, you will NOT be punished. If Danar likes you, continue to shove during face offs. If you are a 12/12 fighter on prelims and you shove we will make an example out of you.”

Good talk guys.

I mean to be fair....this happens in all sports and all jobs. You think the 12th guy on the bench for the Lakers can get away with the stuff Lebron does?
You think the 53rd man on the roster....the special teams guy...can say and do the stuff that someone like Aaron Rogers can get away with?

Paul Daley takes a shot at Koscheck after the bell and gone forever. Khabib attacks a fan....this team attack Conor in the octagon.....no punishment.

Talent vs tolerance.

I was under the impression Amy Kaplan was a legitimate source. Could have sworn she was a generally well known media member
she also browses sherdog lol. She used the forum as a source before.

But even in her tweet, she's saying UFC PR will not confirm so we'll see what happens

I doubt it. Imagine a huge fight being scuttled like thst ? UFC looses too much money . Plus... drama generates publicity
I dunno, it's all fun and games till someone gets hurt, and now that's happened they're open to lawsuits and the fight is off anyway, it has to be nipped in the bud.

Jeremy Stephens ruined it

a full powered double palm strike to the chest is not a "Push"

Won’t happen, won’t be enforced, absurd pipe dream. If you think the UFC will cancel a Jon Jones-DC fight because of a scrap at the weigh-ins you are hilarious.
If you think they’ll cancel McGregor’s next unearned title shot because he gets coked out and injures multiple people on a bus then I have a series of bridges to sell you.

Honestly this shit is like saying the earth is flat. It’s truly that absurd and impossible.

Is she saying thats a commission rule or UFC rule now?

I like this new rule. Fighters come off more like athletes and less like thugs and criminals.

One of my favorite stand offs is GSP vs Condit. You could tell they were prepared and ready to go to war.

I don't like it. Takes away the intensity of what's possible during face offs. Imagine the Bones/DC beef without the staredown scuffle?
Whenever I think of the whole ordeal one thing that stands out to me is when Jon called him a pussy and he answered right back like a pud that he was still there. Given how it all played out, do you think DC is still bothered that he did that?

How does this bitch have media credentials and can't even formulate a sentence?!
{<huh}
It’s the opposite of confirm, cannot firm. Took me a few times reading it over. She’s just levels above. /s

Back