Any chance Lima keeps the fight with MVP standing?

If Lima is smart he'll just land his leg kicks and use his pretty good stand up to just shoot for the takedown. Even though he isn't that hot in the wrestling department he is much better than Daley is. So overall Lima should be able to control this fight. But I also won't be shocked if Lima gets caught up in a tick tack stand up fight.

to suggest its not a possibility is not giving MVP the credit he deserves. He is absolutely a top level striker. Why would you want to keep the fight standing even if you are a good striker, when your ground game is light years ahead of his?

Tbh Lima would be smart to take MVP down and submit him. Something quick and easy.

I agree. Don’t give MVP time and space to land anything. Show him what a real complete mixed martial artist us.

De lima vs mvp ... tough fight. I think de Lima is going to win somehow

to suggest its not a possibility is not giving MVP the credit he deserves. He is absolutely a top level striker. Why would you want to keep the fight standing even if you are a good striker, when your ground game is light years ahead of his?
I didn't say that. But whatever you can say that's what i said even though i didn't use a single word.

I meant that he will not be knocked out and humiliated even if it were to be standing.

I didn't say that. But whatever you can say that's what i said even though i didn't use a single word.

I meant that he will not be knocked out and humiliated even if it were to be standing.

yeah, its impossible for a guy to be KO'd on the feet when facing one of the best strikers in the game. Sure. You seem intelligent.

Before seeing the Daley v. MVP fight, I would say he may try it. Seeing Daley being able to wrestle MVP like he did, I would probably think not. I predict he kicks his legs, and plays on the feet long enough to get a takedown in.

Its possible but Lima's beaten much better competition and historically classic muay thai destroys long pants point styles so I expect Lima to chop Page down.
Yeah it does traditionally beat long pants point style but that was actually world class Muay Thai fighters fighting top of the game kickboxers. MMA fighters don't have great stand up. Alright muay thai might struggle against world class long pants point style

Especially under the tournament format, he should take the easiest path to victory

Its possible but Lima's beaten much better competition and historically classic muay thai destroys long pants point styles so I expect Lima to chop Page down.
Yeah it does traditionally beat long pants point style but that was actually world class Muay Thai fighters fighting top of the game kickboxers. MMA fighters don't have great stand up. Alright muay thai might struggle against world class long pants point style

Thats not really true. Check "long pants" Francois Penachio or Farid Khider giving all sort of problems to KB and MT champions as Yamamoto or Ramon Dekkers.
Such level of tecnique and movement make a difference when the player is also a fighter.
Obviously if you take a guy who has never fought a raw fight and just played point games against a tough kickboxer he will get beat up.
But MVP has some legit experience at actual fighting... and Lima is good but not a champion in pure striking neither.
I think Page's skills would get him the victory im the feet but im expecting Lima to mix it up with clinch and eventually take it to the ground and likely get the finish

Thats not really true. Check "long pants" Francois Penachio or Farid Khider giving all sort of problems to KB and MT champions as Yamamoto or Ramon Dekkers.
Such level of tecnique and movement make a difference when the player is also a fighter.
Obviously if you take a guy who has never fought a raw fight and just played point games against a tough kickboxer he will get beat up.
But MVP has some legit experience at actual fighting... and Lima is good but not a champion in pure striking neither.
I think Page's skills would get him the victory im the feet but im expecting Lima to mix it up with clinch and eventually take it to the ground and likely get the finish
My point was a generalisation, there has been KB to give MT fighters problems. At the end of the day it's distance and timing across any discipline. I maintain my point that MVP's striking is levels above Lima

Back