Any chance Lima keeps the fight with MVP standing?

Meathead Jock

WAR ASKREN
@Gold
Reaction score
The fight is taking place in Chicago, tickets went on sale today but I'm holding off for two reasons.

1. Want to see if Askren wins first beings he could end up on UFC Chicago June card.

2. Feel like MVP will back out before hand.

If he wants to get knocked out and humiliated, then he will stand with MVP.

He stood with Daley when he didn't need to so I could totally see him doing something like this.

He stood with Daley when he didn't need to so I could totally see him doing something like this.
He did have a few moments with Daley on the ground. However, unlike Daley, MVP is primarily a counterstriker. If Lima is to kick the shit out of his legs, he's going to have to be on high alert.

Tbh Lima would be smart to take MVP down and submit him. Something quick and easy.

lima beats him everywhere. but his easiest path is to just take mvp down and submit him.

I think he will keep it standing and I think he’s a a potentially bad matchup standing for MVP as well.

1) Lima is very patient.

2) His offense doesn’t depend on “getting in”. He gets his leg kicks in from distance and Lima has some of the most devastating leg kicks in the game where one good one can completely change a fight

3) He is IMO one of the best counter strikers currently in MMA(See vs Koreshkov 2 and 3, vs Larkin) so I’m not sure Lima will be shy of moving and triggering an attack from MVP like Daley was. He may invite it

4) Page has to keep a takedown in mind and unlike getting taken down by Daley, getting put on his back vs Lima will mean his ass.

5) the style of any fight with MVP likely won’t make Lima’s biggest weaknesses a factor(gas tank and TDD)

Consider the Shogun-Machida style matchup times 5. I’m an MVP fan and I don’t really like this fight for him at all

Last edited:
I can see Lima having success with his kicks. Pages movement probably leads to not a lot of leg kick checking but on the other hand is distance management is pretty high level. Path of least resistance is definitely on the ground for Lima.

I can see MVP dropping out at the last minute for same lame reason...after they've sold the tickets.

maybe for a little bit to see where he stands but i can't imagine he doesn't strangle him in the 1st

Yeah, I'm going to wait till the day of the show also, and see what turns up on the secondary market.
Same, plus by the day of the show we should have a good idea on what the UFC card will look like, and I'll likely only be able to attend one of the two.

Last time someone responded to me with that laughing black man they embarrassed themselves.
If you think that MVP embarrassed anyone in that last fight it would have only been himself.

I hope he works his legs than puts him away like he did Saunders. With Neiman and MVP moving forward it makes things more interesting for sure, this is an awesome GP

Lima would legkick the shit out of MVP.

Back